The Reveal.

Early morning, still dark outside and the cool air running through my hair, Maggie by my side.

A couple days earlier she asked if I'd go with her to her baby checkup, enid busy and glenn no longer here.

Agreeing instantly, always up to help.

Leaving Bea with Quinn and Michonne, trusting them enough to care for her.

Making it to the small doctors office and introducing myself, having they've never seen me before.

Walking into the pale and cold room, the nurse walking out, Maggie laying on the long bed in the middle of the room.

"Do you want a girl or boy" I suddenly asked.

She thought about it for a second before a warm smile appeared on her lips thinking about it.

"A boy, he'll grow into his fathers footsteps" she whispered almost scared to say.

A smile on my face now nodding at the answer.

The doctor enters the room, a packet of things in his hand as he lays them all out on a metal tray.

Turning on the small tv and prepping for checkup, making small talk here and there.

until he asked "is she your daughter?" he held a friendly smile.

She looked over to me.

"shes my niece, more like a daughter though" she laughed a little, holding a smile to them.

"You gotta brothe-"

I out worldly gasp pointing at the small screen above us, a baby looking shape appearing.

"Sorry, just excited" I apologize.

"Oh no, this is high tech, especially in this era" he reassured.

A comfortable silence filled the room, until he spoke up again.

"Would you like the gender written down" he asked.

A small nod was all she gave, while a nurse was waved in the room to write it down.

The nurse handing it over to me to keep safe.

"That's all for today, thank you for coming in, I'll see you in two weeks" he smiled then left the room.

Maggie gathering her things, motioning for me to leave with her, keeping the lettered surprise close,
Checking out from the welcoming environment, on the walk back I got an idea, one of my bests.

"Maggie" I said dragging out the e's.

She looked over, noticing she was listening.

"Do you think we could have a small get together of everyone to reveal the gender" my voice got higher as I went on having a questioning tone.

She looked my way then threw her head back, closing her eyes slightly.

"Fine, but your in charge" she giggled.

Practically running the rest of the way home, a smile stuck to my lips the whole way.

Getting inside, finding the grimes household, mostly where you'd find everyone.