Almost Gone.

Trudging through the woods, guns high, stooping every 20 minutes just in case.

Rick and Daryl saying their quiet "see you laters", Carl whisper shouting "be safe", he didn't have to but he made the effort.

Moments later, all of us coming up to a cement road,
Stores lining the road, looking back everyone's faces were full of... hope I assumed.

Xavier laughing a huge smile on his face just says it all.

"Psst guys" michonne whispered, getting everyone's attention we all get in a small group just like a high school football team.

"Okay everyone, since there's 3 stores, 3 groups each" she ordered.

Everyone nodding in agreement, me a bit hesitant but still agreeing anyways.

Michonne explaining how to get into each store, and what we would have to take.

Feeling confident in the situation until she told us what "groups" we were going in, she started by,
Having Maggie and Glenn go together, just thinking I would go with Xavier.

"Me and Xavier and" she stopped and giggled before she spoke again.

"Carl and Clove" she smiled.

Rolling my eyes, of course they put me with the raging asshole who couldn't hate me more.

"I object" I said while putting my hand up.

Michonne and Maggie giggling while Carl looked confused to say the least, everyone making a plan of how to break in I spoke with Glenn and Maggie for reassurance.

Accidentally spilling out my worries to them both about how anything could go wrong and how Carl could practically kill me if I get on his nerves.

Glenn laughing at the last part but then he ruffled up my hair like an older sibling would do and then he spoke.

"You'll be okay kid" he softly said.

Silently walking with Carl to the store's entrance, taking a deep breath before walking in.

Entering the large store and without even looking at each other we decide to spilt up to make this "mission" faster for us.

Grabbing an arm full of clothing for me and bea and some beanies and winter hats.

Stuffing everything into my empty backpack, moving over into the food section, wondering off into my mind I pick up snack like foods and frozen meals, maybe they could help.

My thoughts being interrupted by a walker grabbing my ankle making me slip and fall on my ass,
Struggling to my knife out of my pocket the walker crawling up slowly trying to bite every piece of me.

Kicking, fighting and using every muscle that I possibly could, it was no use I practically gave up.

Yelling for Carl trying not to attract anything else.

While pushing the body up I lay my head back, looking for a resource.

Instead finding a problem, more walkers banging on the glass outside, like looking horror in the eyes.

Hearing Carl finally run over, eyes wide.

Also hearing the slosh of his knife go through the walkers skull,
Blood spilling all over my face, sitting up, heavy breathing, Carl immediately putting his hands on both sides of my face.

"Are you okay? I'm sorry" he kept repeating.

Giving him a nod while he turned both parts of my face to make sure I wasn't bit.

Him giving me a hand, getting back to my feet again.

"Stay behind me I'll handle the rest okay" looking into my eyes for an answer.

"Yeah.. okay" I agreed.

Carl made the plan where I distract the walkers and he sneaks out and kills them.

Making noises against the glass for a distraction, Carl snuck out, lodging his knife into the walkers skulls silently but skillfully, I gotta give it to him.

Carl giving a thumbs up and motion for me to come out.

Slipping out of the store, turning to Carl about to thank him before the sounds of the others rang in my ears.

Xavier and Maggie eyes wide at the now dried blood running down my face.

"HOLY SHIT, what happened?" Glenn asked.

Staring at Carl, letting him explain the story instead of me.

"A walker" he bluntly said.

Putting my arm on his shoulder and giving a thumbs up.

Carl laughing a little, feeling accomplished that he finally gave a real emotion, around me at least.

"Already everyone lets head back before sunset" Michonne ordered.

Grouping back up with Glenn and Maggie telling them everything that happened, laughing with them and telling the scary parts as well.

Stopping in my tracks to stand next to Carl trying to find my words,
I started with an awkward "hi" he looked up which told me that he was listening.

"I just wanna say thank you, really I'm glad you didn't leave me to die" I tried to make a joke.

He giggled and nodded before talking "it was my pleasure" he then bowed like a prince would.

I mean who knew a near death experience could bring people closer I thought to myself.