New Hope.

Hesitant footsteps behind me, ignoring whoever it was,
Until the body sat next to me, surprisingly it was enid.

She stayed silent, watching the clouds cover the sun, finally looking over.

"You know we're like cousins in a way" she suddenly stated.

Knowing she was trying to distract me I gave in, questioning on what she meant.

"Yeah Maggie and Glenn decided to take me in when they got here but I see how much they also care for you and bea" she said focusing on the scenery.

"What about Aaron?" I asked her.

"Oh well he definitely sees both of you as his kids, he always wanted children, he's like an uncle to me" she said seriously

"Ooh! Always I see a lot of Aaron and Jesus in our future" she giggled.

Laughing along with her forgetting why I was even upset in the first place.

"Here" she said offering her hand out for me to take.

Accepting her offer I fully stand up, feeling confident enough to go back in and not talk to anyone.

"Wait! Before you go, I need to give you something, follow me" she said.

Giving her a nod, thinking of what this something could be.

Quietly entering Maggie and Glenn's home, following enid up the stairs, opening the door to her room.

"Welcome to my humble abode" she said while walking in,
Looking around, posters on som walls, drawings on the other.

Looking at a specific drawing of a girl, pencil drawn brown hair.

Apparently staring at too long, enid spoke behind me,
"Oh yeah Carl made that one" she pointed out.

"Who is it" I asked, my voice wavy-ish.

Her giggling "I'm not sure, you should ask him" she teased.

"Here take this for emotional support" she handed me a comic book, a random one she pulled out of her mini shelf.

Thanking enid, leaving the house, taking in the air.

Unfortunately bumping into Ron on the way back , him apologizing for the fight again and nodding at him awkwardly, taking a deep breath and asking if Carl was still in there.

He nodded looking down slightly, giving a quick thanks before I headed in the direction of my home.

Opening the door as soon as I reach it, everyone looking up at me.

Carl and bea standing up first.

"Clove! Finally, Can I talk to you?" He asked

Looking at bea giving her a sign that It'll only take a moment.

Giving him a nod, he led me into the hallway area,
Him looking guilty, he starts to apologize, rambling on and on about a different topic.

Interrupting his sentence I give in and wrap my arms around his neck, giving him a hug along with "it's okay grimes" as an acceptance for his apology.

Carl not knowing what to do for a moment he finally accepted the hug and putting his head in my neck.

"I'm sorry" he said again this time muffled by my shirt.

"Please just stop being an asshole" I requested.

He laughed pulling back and just smiling, looking over my shoulder his smile dropped incredibly fast.

Turning around, red overcoming my face, everyone peeking at us, bea giggling.

Carl walking out first, him motioning for me to follow him,
Talking with bea first to make sure she's doing well and likes everyone.

She nodded very fast, telling me about her fun activities with Aaron and Paul.

Laughing at her storytelling, Carl was leaving the house, quickly saying bye and jogging after him.

Catching up, walking on the main road from the house.

"So. Nothing could get more embarrassing right?" I joked.

Giggling together talking about all the embarrassing things in our lives before this.

Comfortable silence fills between us until he finally speaks, fear filling his voice.

"Do you wanna like hang out later, you don't have to say yes" he asked?

Laughing about him being nervous, I agreed to "hang out later".

Smiling at him not remembering why I hated him a couple hours ago.