Promises.

Eyes fluttering open, looking around the room, sickly light shining down, lying on a bed.

Low ringing in my ear again, looking over slightly.

Carl laid out next to me, other than small breaths his lifeless body laid there.

Getting up quickly, barley on my feet as everything becomes blurry.

Moving to the other side of the room as quickly as I could,
Grabbing his hand for any indication he's actually okay.

No movement.

Shaking his shoulder frantically.

No movement.

Taking a small look at him like this, a bloody bandage on his eye.

His body pale white.

Staring down at him, quiet air, sadness fueling my body.

Dropping his hand when, Glenn and Rick barged through the small door.

Backing up, lady who i wasn't familiar with unwrapping Carl's eye, examining the wound, making predictions if he'll wake up soon or ever.

"Give him an hour, he should be fine, just make sure to rewrap his eye once in awhile" she said looking at me and Rick..?

She walked out, into the walkers? I questioned myself.

But she was perfectly fine?

Walking out behind her walking down the small shack stairs,
the air was getting colder, all the walkers dropped dead in the street, the walls wood already looking patched up.

Feet walking down behind me, staying there.

"You okay, kid" Glenn asked sounding small.

"Other than killing a guy, I'd say I'm good" I said trying to make the conversation lighter.

"Do you think I did the right thing" I asked more seriously.

"I mean you defeated the enemy, you did the right thing" he reassured patting my shoulder.

Glenn leaving to find out more information on the whole Carl situation.

Leaving me with my thoughts, worried about bea, where she could be, if she's okay.

Trusting Maggie with her, Aaron with her too.

Playing with the dirt under my feet, trying to let go of all the stressful thoughts. "It'll be okay" I spoke to myself quietly.

Rick clearing his throat behind me.

Turning around instantly, scared of the loud sound.

"Sorry, Carl uh, Carl wants to see you" he spoke.

Getting up, maybe too fast.

Kneeling near Carl's "hospital bed".

"Hi" I said almost a whisper.

He put his hand on top of my head, messing it up,
"Are you okay" he asked, his voice breaking.

"I'm fine, no need to worry about me, are you okay, you kinda got shot in the eye and u don't have one anymore" I rambled on, taking his hand to fidget with.

He huffed a laugh, smile fading quick as he felt the cotton wrap on his eye.

"I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Not your fault" he spoke while he squeezed my hand.

Standing up fully now, helping Carl off his make shift hospital bed.

Carl steadying himself by putting his hands on my shoulders.

Looking at him feeling that something was missing,
Looking around the room for a minute, Carl's eyebrows furrowed confused on what I was doing.

Spotting Carl's hat at the end of his bed, swiftly grabbing it.

"Here!, you were forgetting something" I told him,
Putting the sheriffs hat snug on his head.

Awkward silence filled the small room, Carl's hand still on my shoulder.

"Uh you kinda look like a pirate, I mean pirates are cool, I like pirates" I said nervously not wanting to make him feel more insecure about his eye.

He giggled, feeling better about the whole situation.

Carl clearing his throat now to avoid the silence.

He started "would it be a big ask to walk me over to me and my dads house, it's only a house down" he asked looking at his feet, feeling embarrassed?

" Oh, of course" I excepted the somewhat offer he had.

I put his arm around my neck and my hand around his waist to be extra stable.

Walking in the cold, gloomy weather a couple houses down from the small hospital shack.

Making it inside Carl and ricks house, no sign of Rick anywhere.

Making it all the way up the stairs without any accidents which is a win in my book.

Dropping his hand from my neck he flops on his bed,
Eyes closed already probably exhausted.

Taking off his shoes without ask for comfort.

"Goodnight Carl" I joked about to leave his bedroom before he spoke up, or we'll made noises.

"Will you visit me" he asked sounding tired and upset,
Confused by his words I reassured him of course.

"Everyday" I promised.

And with that I left with a now promise to visit Carl everyday no matter what I'm doing which isn't the worst promise I've made.

Hearing chatting coming from the gate.

Running behind aware of everything just in case it wasn't what I was expecting.

Getting to the entrance, out of breath.

Seeing everyone hugging, saying "hellos" again, bea looking around worried, not knowing I was standing straight in front of her.

Until she yelled my name running out of Maggie's grasp.

Giving her the biggest bear hug ever, knowing she's alive and she's okay was all that I needed to know.

"I won't leave you again" I promise. I spoke to her.