Chapter one

Yu was roughly woken up by his head hitting the cold car window.
They groaned and sat up, knowing that he wouldn't be able to fall asleep with the car bumping like that. The teen leaned back into the seat and looked out of the cold window at the white hills that seemed to stretch beyond imagination. Here and there were some trees, lonely and almost dead looking. Their dark brown bark was almost completely hidden by the thick layers of snow.

He leaned his head back onto the window, his breath hitting it and fogging it. The coldness of the glass was almost comforting to Yu.
He reached for his bag that was laying on the floor of the bumping car and grabbed his phone, turning it on to look at the time. 9:34 am. Way too early for them. They sat up and stretched their tired muscles while yawning.

The driver seemed to notice that Shion was awake now and send them a small smile. "Don't worry, we'll be there soon" the man said with clear amusement.

Yu looked at the man and nodded before taking his headphones out and putting them on. He started a random playlist and leaned back on the window. The road was smoother now so he was able to relax again.

He felt the driver giving him a weird look while he stared outside like in a daze. The look felt sad but there was something else. He didn't know if it was loving or pity and quite frankly, they also didn't care.
They didn't like being looked or even stared at. Maybe it was because of his appearance or maybe it was just his anxiety that told him to run away whenever somebody looked at them for more then a minute.

He studied the landscape, how it shimmered in the early morning light. How the sky looked like it could cry at anytime.

Yu slowly felt his eyes getting heavier as they looked out, slowly starting to drift off again.He was listening to a very relaxing, quiet song. The vibrations of the car mixed with the relaxing tune was like a lullaby written only for them. He closed his eyes and sighed slowly drifting off into a dreamless sleep.

~~~~~

The next time Yu woke up was as they drove into a driveway of an old house. It was made of red bricks and you could see dark wood bars that held the structure of the house up.
Slowly sitting up, he noticed that the whole house was overgrown by Ivy and other wild plants.

The house looked old and not well taken care of. The windows were partially dull and dirty. The roof was covered in moss, and the whole front garden was an untamed mess of plants that looked like they grew there for ages.

But even though the house looked old and fragile, there was something pulling Yu to the place.
It was almost like he was meant to come here.

The white haired teen grabbed his bag as the car stopped and got out of it. Breathing in the fresh, cold forest air. The driver went to the trunk and got Yu's suitcase. The tall, black man went towards the white door. The bone white paint was falling off in some places and the handle was a gracefully bend ring which looked almost green on some places.
Footsteps were heard from the other side of the door and Yu felt his heartbeat fastening. His breathing sped up and their thoughts were unstoppable.
Would this end well? Would this family accept them the way they were? Or would they throw him out once they saw how much of a freak they were?

Before his thoughts could get any worse the door opened and revealed an elderly woman with grayish-white hair tied in a messy bun on top of her round head. A friendly, warm smile was placed on her face and her eyes were almost invisible due to her wrinkles.

"Hello!" She exclaimed happily, "you must be Yukashi!" She said and Yu flinched.
They didn't like being called that.
The man beside the small teen laughed "No, only Yu" he said with a smile.
"Oh of course." The old lady replied "Beth is in the kitchen, backing. Please, come in."
She hurried out of the way to let the two people inside. There was a small room behind the door, on the floor rested a few pairs of shoes and on the wall was an old stick that was used as a rack for jackets and coats. A picture rested on top of a drawer that had a small layer of dust on it.

"The kitchen is right this way" the grey haired woman said and pointed over to a door that was ajar. Faint voices and music was heard from the other side.

Yu slowly made their way over, the floor creaking in some places. He opened the door and was greeted with a delicious smell of chocolate mixed with fruits. In the kitchen was a small, middle aged woman with black hair that was neatly tied in a ponytail, and a slightly taller teen with beautiful caramel colored skin and dark brown hair that was colored blue on the ends. She was wearing an oversized pink jumper and black sweatpants. The other woman was still in her pajamas and was just wearing an apron on top of it.
Both turned around as they neared the door opening and smiled at Yu, who was just standing there awkwardly.

"Are you Yukashi?" The teen asked, while tiredly raising an eyebrow.
"Please just call me Yu" Yu whispered quietly.
The older woman smiled. "of course" she said "I'm Elizabeth, but you can just call me Beth. Do you want some tea or coffee?"
Yu shook their head. "Ok. Then Ash will show you your room, is this all you have?" She asked looking at his small backpack and suitcase.

Yu nodded.
"Alright" she nodded at Ash before turning around to continue her backing.

"Follow me" the girl said, going out of the door and towards a staircase that was leading upwards.
"Oh, Yu!" The voice of the driver called out to them "I'll be going now, and if something happens you can call me" the tall man said and turned to the front door after seeing that Yu nodded.

The white haired teen followed the other up the stairs after the front door was shut again.
A hallway that was slightly larger then the one downstairs laid in front of them.
Ash went over to a door that was at the end of the hallway and motioned for them to go inside first. Yu complied and opened the door.

It was an average sized room with a desk sitting in front of a window that was positioned so you could see the trees in the woods. A twin sized bed was sitting in one corner of the room a bedside table next to it. There was a shelf positioned over the headpiece of the bed and a lone, half dead plant was set on top of it. On the other end of the room was a closet.

The walls were painted in a forest green, and on the floor was a black rug.

The whole room looked very inviting and comfortable. Ash just smiled at him and then left him to unpack. Well to unpack the few think that he owned.

With a sigh Yu threw his backpack on the bed and themself right next to it. They closed their eyes slowly breathed out. His back was stiff from the car ride and he was still sleepy even though he slept almost the entire ride. Yu decided to rest his eyes for just a second and before he knew it, he was drifting off into a comfortable sleep.

-------------------

~1320 words

Hello my dear loves :D
I really hoped you liked the first chapter.
For anyone who's confused about Yu's pronouns:
He uses they/he pronouns but is also fine with any kind of neo pronouns :)

I'm very proud of you for getting up today and don't forget to stay hydrated! Sys