The noise got louder and closer.

Sunghoon grabbed his bow and held the arrow, ready to release the string.

They looked over the bed, into the hallway, waiting.

And then there it was. The monster walked slowly across the hallway, passing the room they were in. It walked slowly, barely making any noise. It was eerie how quiet it was after making such commotion only seconds before.

"Maybe we can sneak past it." Jay whispered. Sunghoon shook his head. "I dont know Jay. Those things can hear a pen drop in a busy city, how quietly can you sneak when the cans in your bag make noise every time you move." He whispered. Jay pursed his lips and sighed. "What do we-" Jay was interrupted by Sunghoons hand harshly pressing against his mouth.

The creature was walking into the room.

Its weird skin was off putting. The way the previous person's clothes stuck to the weird, gross, slimy skin was revolting and the sounds the creature made, made their skin crawl. Jay's grip tightened on the gun. He looked at Sunghoon and pointed at his bow then to the monster. He put up two fingers and pointed to the quiver filled with arrows. Sunghoon nodded. 

Jay began to mouth the numbers.

Three.

Two.

One.

Sunghoon shot up and released the arrow, quickly reaching for another one and releasing it not even a second later, both going straight through the creature's head. It screamed out loudly and hit the ground.

Sunghoon took a deep breath before going over and taking his arrows back, cleaning them before putting them back in the quiver.

Jay got up and nodded. "Nice, okay I think this is a good sign to go home yea?" Sunghoon agreed.

They exited the room and suddenly a creature they had not noticed launched itself onto Sunghoon, taking them by surprise. He tried his best to push the creature off of him. He slipped and hit his back roughly against the stairs, the creature screeching on top of him. Sunghoon slid down with the creature and groaned as each step dug into his back.

Jay quickly grabbed his gun and shot its head, it falling limp on top of Sunghoon. The creature's blood splattered all over his face. He shut his eyes and pushed the creature off of him.

Jay ran up to him and lifted him up, pulling him into a hug. "Holy fuck." He said to himself. "Let's go home now," He took a deep breath.

Sunghoon just stood there, staring down at the ground with his hands on his cheeks before releasing a whimper. Jay looked over at him to see his cheeks were now flooded with tears.

"Oh my gosh Sunghoon. Are you okay?" It had happened so fast, they didn't have time to process anything.

The younger simply cried and held onto Jay tightly.

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry. I thought I could do this but I can't, I can't. I want to go home. Please, I want to go home." He sobbed.

Jay held onto him tightly and looked over at the dead creature.

"Yeah, yeah we're going home okay. You did so well okay. You have nothing to apologize for."

He cleaned up Sunghoons cheeks with his hands (what he was able to clean) and held his hand, leading him out of the house.

The sky was dark and it was a lot harder to see in the woods.

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" The creature's blood started to make sunghoons face itch uncomfortably. He couldn't wait to get to the house. He was tired, uncomfortable, and shaken.

"Yea dont worry, I've come through here many times at night."

Sunghoon rubbed his arms and tried his best to keep as close as he could to the other.

The trees began to rattle and the two stopped in their tracks. Jay looked into the trees. "Why are they so close to the house?" He asked rhetorically in a whisper. "What do you mean?" Sunghoon asked back. "Well, we set traps a while back, dead animals with a lot of blood. I know, gruesome, but it was the only way we could get them away from the house for a while." He started walking faster. "But I guess they found something better closer."

Sunghoon could detect the worry in Jay's voice. "Hey, they're fine, okay. I'm sure that those things just found a deer or something." He tried to reassure him.

After about half an hour, the two could finally see the house in view. They picked up their pace and made it to the door. Jay frantically took out the key and opened it.

The others were sitting in the living room, talking. They looked up at the two and smiled. Jay smiled back, a big wave of relief washing over him.

"Are you okay?" Heeseung asked Sunghoon who was wiping the blood off of his face in the bathroom. "Jay told me what happened."

Sunghoon sighed and grabbed a towel. "Yeah.. Just very tired." He started the water. His hands were still very shaky and he hoped the shower would help his anxiety.

Heeseung felt sorry but didnt know what to say. "Come to the living room after your shower. We have some fruit and since it's getting really cold, we're sleeping by the fireplace."

Sunghoon simply nodded and gave a small smile.

Heeseung walked into the kitchen where Jay was organizing the cans in the kitchen, sighing at the sight of what little they found in a day. "Hey, it's ok. We'll find more." Heeseung placed a hand on Jay's shoulder. "And what if we don't?" He asked quietly. "What if we don't find anything and we run out of water?" He rubbed his eyes. "What then? Sunghoon nearly got bit and all we brought were a few cans of fruit..."

Heeseung bit the inside of his cheek. "I don't know... I don't know what we'll do, but we'll figure it out.. We always do." Heeseung tried to reassure him, while at the same time trying to convince himself as well.

"Hey, how about we take some of the fruit cans and join the others in the living room, yea?" Jay nodded.

The boys were snuggled up on the couches that were now facing the fireplace. It was quiet but comfortable.