Chapter 8: Mother and Daughter

Start from the beginning

The three of them spent the day visiting various places in Leiden. But since Robin and Candee don't want people to find out they are here to avoid being pestered by the media, Meteos brought them to the quieter part of the town, such as a small hill near the old town wall where they can enjoy the full view of Leiden undisturbed.

"Actually, Mrs. Candee, Miss Robin, my and Walman's parents are having a dinner party three days from now. Since you're staying until the end of the month, I was wondering if you can join us? I'm sure they will be delighted."

At Meteos' offer, Robin and Candee looked at each other before nodding.

"Of course. Thank you for your invitation."

"Alright, it's decided then... By the way, Miss Robin, does Mr. Falkenhausen know about your mother?"

"Hm? Actually no, I never tell him and he never asked either."

"I see. Heh."

Meteos smirked. He can already imagine the surprised faces of everyone when someone as famous as Robin's mother showed up at their little dinner party.

After touring Leiden, Robin and Candee thanked Meteos before returning to the hotel where they're staying.

-----------------------

Augustusmens 20, 1614 Central Calendar, 19:30

Roguerider Residence

Upon arriving at his house, Meteos told his parents about his earlier encounter at the harbor, omitting the identity of Robin's mother. He also asked if they can attend their dinner party. Seeing no problem in it, Roderick and Meteora agreed. If anything, they are eager to meet Meteos' teacher in person.

The Falkenhausen family was the ones who arrived first. Not long after, the doorbell rang for the second time that night.

"Coming!" Meteos shouted as he ran to the front door and opened it, revealing Robin.

"Hi, Meteos!"

"Good evening, Miss Robin. Where's your mother?"

"She's over there," Robin said as she pointed to her back with her thumb.

Meteos nodded, "I see. Please come in."

"Excuse me."

Meteos led the two of them to the backyard, where Robin is the first to be greeted by the gathering families.

"It's been a while, Robin."

"Indeed, it's been a while, Captain Falkenhausen," Robin said with a smile as she shook William's hand.

"Everyone, this is our teacher, Miss Robin Calvello."

"Please bear with me, everyone."

"...And for another guest this evening, Mrs. Calvello, please," Meteos called behind him.

A woman dressed in a modest dress stepped out to the backyard. As Meteos expected, everyone's jaws dropped at the sight of her.

"Huh!?"

"No way..."

"Isn't that..."

"Candee!?"

Everyone exclaimed.

"My reaction exactly..." Meteos chuckled.

"Nice to meet you, everyone," Candee said as she bowed lightly.

"Ah... ahahahahaha! W-welcome to our humble abode, Mrs. Calvello." Roderick said as he broke out of his stupor.

"W-well, a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one," William commented while shaking his head.