Okay.

Let's get our head in the game.

If he wants this to quickly end before he's even aware of it. He just needs to avoid unnecessary arguments, head home, show Hiro his phone that he hid on one of his drawers, take mochi to the vet and then have a peaceful dinner with Jihyuk and his mother.

'Bear that in mind,' his subconscious says, finally leaving with a luggage in his hand.

Of course.

He gulps.

It's easier said than done.

Jin clasps his hands together, breaking the heavy atmosphere that's slowly suffocating them—even the entities around them.

"We are good to go," He breathes in the odd mixture of sweet and masculine scent in the air, both trying to overpower the other.

Even their pheromones dislike each other.

Jin squirms in discomfort seeing the visible wrinkle on Hiro's brows.

Now what?

Unbeknownst, the word 'we' had left a bitter taste on the man's tongue.

Jihyuk suddenly placed his open palm on Jin's shoulder, causing Jin to flinch, surprised when his friend pulled him close.

The small bell attached to his keychain chimes from his unexpected charge.

"I live with him," Jihyuk mutters, "So, I'm tagging along to whatever business you had with him, Sir," he adds.

His gaze fixed towards the gentleman before them, unbothered by his murderous eyes as his sweet and torturous smile etches his lips.

What is he doing? Jin secretly pokes him by his waist, but even after doing so, the troublemaker ignored him. Aish.

Well, look on the bright side.

Suppose explaining everything by himself why there's suddenly a plus one upon his arrival will bring him a long list of intrusive questions from an intrusive man like him.

In a split second, the emptiness in his eyes was back before he looks away. Jin frowns in dismay.

"If that's the case . . ." Hiro nods at someone.

Minutes later, all the cars that were lined up from the entrance gate starts their engines and another unfamiliar man in black came marching towards his side.

"This is Hugo, he'll escort you." Hiro tightens his navy blue tie.

His eyes unreadable.

Jin forced his parted lips to close, a little lost with the disappointment lingering within himself. He reaches for his other hand and secretly pinches himself, his nails scraping against his pale skin.

It's not a dream.

This day has been full of mysteries for him too.

Well, at the very least, he's relieved that Hiro isn't mad.

It looks like it. He gasps.

No.

Did he expect him to?

Oh, no, no, no. That can't be right.

He gulps, but he just did.

Jihyuk grits his teeth, "We appreciate your kindness, but we would have to reject your offer."

Hugo abruptly coughs from behind his gloriness that brought Jin back to the now. His head snaps up.

We?

When he looks apologetically over Hiro, the man was already staring at him expectantly with his patient, but antsy eyes.

He's agitated.

He smelled another argument would pop out at any minute.

'What happened to avoiding arguments?' His subconscious came back, zipping his luggage open, and stuffing in his pink blankie that he left behind. His round and wide eyes stared back at him, frightened.

"Hyuk, he meant about giving you a free ride." He tries to divert his friend's attention away from the man and it looks like it works, for now.

Jihyuk finally confronts him in the eyes, "You're not thinking straight." He's not thinking about leaving with this person, is he?

Jin snarls. Oh boy, he's crossing the line.

His brows furrow back at him, but still restrain his temper, "I told you there's something I had to deal with him."

He brushes himself out from his grasp, stepping an arm's length away, "It's not nice to reject someone's offer in my stead."

If he doesn't want to receive a little help, then he's far better off reflecting on his arrogance.

"I'll see you at home."

Can't he see how Hiro was keeping an open mind, despite it's reasonable that he shouldn't, but here he was, making the situation more complicated.

When will he ever stop meddling himself with his business? He can't act like this and step in the boundaries he drew. He told him he wouldn't tolerate it further if he does.

"What do you expect me to do seeing you leaving with a stranger?" Jihyuk argues, his voice low, hoping to discuss this matter somewhere more private.

Why wouldn't he understand how far-fetched this is?

Jin opens his mouth but closes them afterward, his last statement rung repeatedly inside his head.

Strangers. . .

That clears everything up.