CHAPTER 7 : JUST YOUR ASSISTANT

Start from the beginning

Bull shit! What the F??? What is this? I don’t know what to say!

“Cut the crap, Rob! This isn’t one of your movies! This is reality! “ – I answered and raising my voice at him. It’s too early to be pissed off.

He was quiet. He didn’t answer back.

I quickly went to my room and changed to my hoodies then I put on my running shoes. I suddenly feel the urge to just run. Run away until I reach nowhere! I just want to run, far away from Robert.

When I went out of my room, Robert is now sitting at the couch. Just staring at me.

“I just do my morning run. If you will leave, just lock the door. I’ll take care of the bed later. I’ll fix it when I get home. I’ll just bring the keys with me. See you later in the office.” – that’s all I said , then I walked out the door.

I can sense that Robert is not okay with what is happening right now. I can feel he is sad. I need to do this to correct everything. I hope.

I began to run as soon as I come out of the building. I kept on running and running for about 30mins until I reach a river near a park. I decided to sit at the grass nearby to rest. I need to think. I should not allow myself to get into this mess. My family needs me. Richard needs me.

I got startled in the middle of my deep thinking with the buzzing of my phone. It is Jimmy.

“Hey, what’s up?” –me, answering the phone

“Hi Nathalie! I tried to call Robert this morning but he was not answering. Are you with him? “ – Jimmy is looking for Robert

Will I tell him that Robert stayed with me the whole night? Oh, crap!

“Ah, we were together last night. He joined me for dinner and he stayed late in my place and eventually got tired and decided to just spend the night there. I’ll call him okay? I am now outside doing my morning run. I’ll call you back then. Bye!” – This needs to be a good explanation or else they will think that there is something going on with me and Robert.