Chapter 32

Evelyn's POV

Smidgen

(Noun) Smi-jin

A small amount of something

Today is the day Mark and I go back to our hometown. After our talk, I felt much better about being around him. I feel terrible for what's happened, but I'm elated that he's gotten help and he had a good support system.

"I love you too mom. I'll call as soon as I get home, I promise." Mark sighs. I giggle to myself, knowing he is ready to go home.

His parents were actually pretty sweet, I think I was just so nervous that I made myself think they didn't like me.

It took hours in the car before he finally drops me off at Dimitri's house, my house. I'm not going to lie; I miss Dimitri's annoying personality a smidgen.

After kissing Mark goodbye, I walk into the house, and I'm hit with the smell of sauce and pasta. My stomach rumbles with hunger.

As I walk into the kitchen, I find my diary on the counter and Dimitri at the stove, making something is a large pot.

My face pales at the image in front of me. Why is my diary in here and not under the damn vent? Did he read it? Fuck, fuck, fuck...

"Sit piccola. We have a lot to talk about." A dangerous smirk plays on his face as he brings plates to the table.

The rumbles of hungry quickly turn to rumbles of anxiety as I place my butt in the seat. I try to think back to everything I've mentioned in this stupid little book. I know damn well that I've mentioned him, I've admitted embarrassing things. Please world, don't be against me right now.

Minutes later, Dimitri sets a plate of creamy orangish-red pasta with spinach in front of me. The smell of the food makes my mouth water, but the intensity of the situation dries it right back up.

He sits across from me and leans back in his seat with the same evil smirk.

"You left this on your bed before you left. -"

"What were you doing in my room?" I cut him off. Maybe I can turn this around on him and he will forget about mentioning the diary.

A deep chuckle escapes him. "A stray muddy dog ran inside before I could stop it, futtuto bastardo, he ran throughout the whole house before I caught it. Your door was cracked open, so he ran into your room, jumped on your bed, I had to clean it before you returned." His gaze is set on my reaction.

{Fucking mutt}

Fuck, I guess that's a good reason to go into someone's room. My mouth gapes like a fish as I try to think about what to say. His eyes hold amusement as he watches my speechlessness.

"Did you..." I trail, wiping some dirt off the spine of my diary.

His eyes flicker holding something I don't understand. The dark smirk on his face remains, it's stained where it is.

"I did." He grins, trying to hold it back.

My face burns with embarrassment. I probably look like a ripe tomato.

"Bambina di scintille e farfalle?" He says with a teasing tone.

{Sparks and butterflies baby?}

I roll my eyes, trying my absolute hardest to seem like I'm not affected by this.

"You're a kinky girl, having a crush on your stepbrother." His eyes narrow in my direction.