Chapter 19

Stopping in front of a golden gate, Valeria pressed the number 12, making the gate open with a loud screech. The road led them to a large building in the heart of New York City.

The large apartment complex shined luxuriously in the setting sun.

Stopping the car at the VVW sigma, Abigail looked around amazingly. Around them were Lamborghinis, Audis, and fuck...she even saw a real, old-fashioned Jaguar.

"We are here." Valeria unbuckled her seatbelt. The girl still sitting in a daze, looked sideways at the woman. "You brought me to a garage?" but the woman already stepped out of the car, not leaving any choice for the girl, but to follow.

"There is an elevator, see?" Valeria pointed at right, showing Abigail the built-in doors. Pressing the button, they only needed to wait a couple of seconds, before the double door opened, revealing the chocolate-brown interior. Stepping inside, the girl eyed Valeria typing in some 9-character password. "Your birth date?" Abigail asked jokingly, but the woman just scowled.

"Wasn't funny..." the girl felt sudden jerk of the elevator as it started to move upwards. "On which floor are you living?" Abigail wanted to start a conversation, but the woman seemed closed-off again.

"112"

'Then it's going to be a long way up...' Abigail groaned, leaning against the mirrors.

~*~

"So, you are telling me, that you live here alone?" Abigail asked looking around the spacious home.

"Yes." the woman closed the door, pressing a shiny silver card under the doorknob. When hearing a beep, she put the card back into her pocket.

"You don't have a key?" the girl asked skeptically, while bending forward to take off her shoes.

"This is my key." Valeria glanced at the girl, seeing her ass high up in the air, as she was struggling with her shoelaces.

"And how does it work? Or why did you need to lock the door again?" she finally got her feet out.

Standing, she looked curiously at the woman with her red cheeks.

Valeria had already zipped down her boots, placing them on the small red carpet next to the door and hangers. "When I enter the elevator, I need to type in my password and when I arrive at my apartment, the elevator only opens when I give my card to be read." she hung her coat, reaching out for the girl's jacket too. "As I enter my home, I need to get my card read again, so no one could come up to my floor, even if they have my password."

Abigail could only blink hearing this ridiculous amount of safety control...compared to her humble home, where even the windows were cracked, she could only roll her eyes at Valeria.

"Who would break into your home, honestly?" Abigail folded her arms in front of her chest, while cocking her hip to the side.

"Last year there were two of them..." Valeria noted quietly, checking if everything was in order, her eyes quickly scanning her interior.

This caught Abigail off guard. She looked at the older woman in shock. "Two?! What did they-"

"You want to have a quick tour?" Valeria cut in, ushering the girl inside. "But-!" Abigail looked at Valeria with a killer expression, but the woman only gestured at the living room.

"So, this is my kitchen and living room and as you can see there's a mini bar too." she pointed to the left, where in the corner stood a dark counter, with several bottles on the shelf behind it.

Abigail took in the living room, shocked to see how good the dark theme suited Valeria's home. The black double couch occupying half the room, with an elegant glass table placed in front of it reminded her of the woman's office.