Chapter 13

"Didn't you say you have enough rooms?" Valeria raised her eyebrow as her mother showed them to Valeria's old bedroom.

"I did, but since Dion is staying too, he wanted his own room." She opened the double door. "Apparently, it's embarrassing to share a bedroom with your own mother." Yvonne rolled her eyes.

Abigail was standing between the two women awkwardly, staring into the spacious bedroom. No one told her that she will need to sleep with Valeria in the same room. Stepping inside while mother and daughter were arguing she started to explore Valeria's childhood chamber.

In the middle was a huge queen-sized bed with baldachins hanging from the ceiling, neatly tied to the four bedposts paired with two nightstands on both sides. In front of the bed was a blue sofa matching the width of the mattrass, with a couple of freshly washed and folded beddings on top of it.

The glass door occupying the whole wall, showed a cute balcony looking over the forest with a small coffee table and two chairs placed next to each other.

Looking at the right, Abigail could see a closed wooden door, so walking over she gently turned the doorknob. Opening the slightly creaking door, she was met with a private bathroom containing a sink, toilet, a shower and bathtub. It was pretty average, which the girl liked.

Turning around and seeing that the two was still arguing, she continued to snoop around.

Walking towards the double wardrobe with a built-in drawer, she opened it curiously checking if there's any clothes inside. And to her surprise there were.

Brushing against them with her fingertip she was amazed how soft and luxurious the material was like under her touch. There was not a single dust on them.

Having a slight suspicion, she opened drawer where brand-new underwear and socks greeted her, still having the tags on them.

Looking at Yvonne suspiciously, she finally realized what's going on. The woman really wanted them together, although the mother was not sure if they were already dating or not. Softly pushing the drawer back, she felt weird.

"Valeria." She called out, catching both women's attention. "Don't worry...I will sleep on the sofa."

"No way." Valeria answered, looking accusingly at her mother. "We both know what's going on...But I need to disappoint you mother... Me and Abigail are not together. So, whatever your plan is, you should stop right now."

Her mother just stood there, her face not showing any emotion.

"I don't know what gives you the right to talk to me like that, young lady, but I can assure you that this is the only bedroom left. Feel free to rummage through the whole house if you feel like it." Yvonne snapped. "Good night." She smiled sadly at Abigail and left.

"I can't believe her..." Valeria muttered closing the door and locking it. Then changing her mind, she unlocked it and left without a word.

Abigail looked after her disappointed. That's when she heard a car door opening. 'So, she is going to sleep in her car...I mean I don't want to sleep with her either but come on! In her fucking car?'

"Well, good night to you too." She said to the empty room.

Annoyed, she opened the drawer, picking out a random shirt and went to the bathroom. Shutting the door, she undressed leaving her dirty clothes in a pile next to the shower. Stepping on the cold tiles she closed the glass door and opened the tap. Warm water started to spray her body and she let out a grateful sigh. She was in a euphoric state, standing under the water enjoying the warmness after the long day she was through.