Setting it on the coffee table, you turn on the fan before heading to the kitchen to fix both of you a quick dinner, taking out a few instant noodles and some sausages from the convenience store nearby, a perfect comfort dinner to end a tiring day.

Once you made sure that they're cooking, you head back to the living room to see Haruchiyo pulling his knees to his chest, a deep sigh leaving his lips as he looks over to you. "Hey Y/N-nee... thanks for letting me in."

Shaking your head, you sit beside him on the couch and start fixing his hair, pulling it up in a messy bun with the hair tie wrapped around your wrist that you usually keep for the kids with longer hair.

Mostly Manjiro though since he never brings his own.

Once you're done tying his hair, you gently pat his cheek. "What would you have done if I didn't come home here tonight? Would you have slept outside?" Letting out a sigh, you stand up, pulling him along as you lead him to the kitchen before making him sit by the counter. "What were you even doing outside my house? Why didn't you just go home? Or you could've at least called me."

You continue as you turn to the stove to make sure that your food isn't burning.

"I didn't know where else to go... I ran away and my phone died on the way here..."

At the sound of his answer, your eyes immediately widen, getting whiplash as you abruptly turn to him at the news.

You may have not known where his older brother has been for the past years, nor do you know what Takeomi has been up to, but you never even thought that he'll let his younger brother run away from home.

Approaching him, you immediately look over his exposed skin, checking to see if he has any bruises. "What?! Why? Did something happen?"

Shaking his head, he pushes your prying hands away, a small smile starting to show on his lips. "Not really... it's just, why bother staying there when I don't see any of them anyways?"Even with the teasing tone in his voice, you can see something swimming in his eyes which makes your shoulders drop, the look familiar to you.

You've seen it somewhere. And you're pretty sure you had that same look a few years ago before you met Shinichiro.

The loneliness in his eyes almost screams at you as you look him in the eye as he continues to explain. "It's not like Takeomi's home long enough to talk to and Senju's been busy with other things to actually be able to hang out with. So might as well leave. It's not like I'll lose anything."

"Oh Haru..." You whisper under your breath before pulling him into your arms, hugging him as tight as possible which rips out a silent chuckle from the teen.

Rubbing his back, you let out a hum when he hugs back.

After what seems to be a few minutes of hugging, you finally let go. "Did you at least bring your things with you?"

Rolling his eyes, he nods over to the door leading outside. "It's on my bike. I didn't have a lot of things anyway so it was easy to bring." Nodding, you head back to the stove to turn off the fire and put the noodles in bowls and put the heated sausage on a big plate.

Hopping off of the counter, Haruchiyo helps you in bringing the food to the dining table, taking out glasses of water for the two of you as well.

Once the two of you have sat down, you point at Haruchiyo with your chopsticks. "Y'know, you can always stay here if you want."

"Yeah, that's why I went here in the first place. I knew you wouldn't leave me to die." He sounds so smug that you almost want to roll your eyes but the accuracy of his words only makes you chuckle to yourself.