// Troops //

The sun had risen not too long ago, and the said battle was supposed to start, yet it was unsettlingly quiet.

The eight of you had found a small nearby inn, for the night. While the rest of you caught up on some well needed sleep, Hak was out on guard duty. Unfortunately there was only one room in the inn, and all of you had to squeeze into it. You tossed and turned a few more times and groggily sat up.

At the same time Hak who had finished his duty and was here to wake all of you up, opened the door to your room. You offered him a smile, as he entered the room, squatting down right beside you. "Morning." He mumbled, placing his hand on your cheek.

"Welcome back! How are things outside?" You asked him, your eyes glancing around to check on everyone. "Unfortunately, they blocked off the area around the gates for normal citizens, so I couldn't get any information."

"That's unsettling." Yoon mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. And just like that, one by one, the gang began getting up. "We need a way to check what's going on outside." Yona who had overheard what Hak said replied."Then, I'll go take a look." Jae-ha said, pulling on the hood on his cloak.

🌺🌺🌺

At the end, both Shin-ah and Jae-ha had left to survey what was happening outside the castle gates. And they quickly returned with sour expressions. "Ah, you're back. How is it?" Yoon asked as the two older males took a seat.

"General Soo-Jin has been defeated. They're currently requesting for reinforcements and they're on the run." Jae-ha informed you all. "What about the Saika troops and the Province army?" Yona asked, questioning the situation outside the the gates.

"Well about that.. there isn't exactly a battle taking place. Well it's more like the province hasn't attacked. They're kinda just staring each other down at the front of the gates." Jae-ha continued, as you all questioned why they weren't attacking yet.

"Shin-ah.. how many troops were there in the province army?" Hak calmly asked from beside you, the frown on his face deepening. Shin-ah was quickly to rely with: "Around 2000."

"According to the information, I got from the back alley.. Li Hazari is leading a force of 10000 men. To come with only 2000 men to the Fire Tribe's center, Saika castle.." Hak mumbled, extremely suspicious on what was going on. (And both (Name) and the Author have to say, he looked extremely handsome while doing so.)

"I heard Kan Soo-Jin lead a large army out of that area. Didn't Li Hazari divert a large portion of his army to fight that army?" Kija asked, slightly confused.

"What also bothers me.. is if we take a look at it.. Li Hazari broke through the fire tribes army and breached Rokta fort. Then he split his army into 2000 and sent them to Saika and the rest to the place Kan Soo-Jin was protecting. He defeated Kan Soo-Jin, and Soo-Jin called for reinforcements while retreating." Hak rambled on, pausing for a break.

Unconsciously his hand reached out for yours, taking it and playing around with your fingers. "It seems like the troops infront of Saika castle are there to stop Kyo-Ga, the fire tribe's general, Soo-Jin's eldest son, from leaving. The real force is currently pursuing Kan Soo-Jin." The rambling continued as everyone talked about what each troop and side was doing.

The discussion quickly came to an end when Yona had said: "We will go out and scatter the 2000 troops outside of Saika." While the beasts where quick to agree and get excited, Yoon was quick to argue. "But if we make such a disturbance..." Yoon sighed, mumbling under his breath.

"It's fine if we pose as bandits." Kija said, while Jae-ha agreed by saying: "I guess the dark dragon and happy hungry bunch will make an appearance." Yona sighed, taking Yoon's hands into her own. "Let's go. We will definitely protect you and your homeland."

🌺🌺🌺

You couldn't help but laugh when you saw Kija who despised bugs more than anything come out covered in bugs. The 4 large beasts, Hak, Kija, Shin-ah and Jae-ha had gone through an underground tunnel towards Kai's troops.

Meanwhile the other four of you, were miles away, hidden. And watched from a safe distance, Yona and you had bows in hand, while Zeno and Yoon lit them on fire, so you had fire arrows.

While the four beasts fought in close distance, blood spraying and everywhere, you four fought by sending fire arrows. That was until Shin-ah has spotted something unsettling.

🌺🌺🌺

The fire tribes army that was led by Soo-Jin, general of the fire tribe wasn't headed for Saika castle, neither was Sen Province's troops led by Li Hazari. Instead they were heading southwest.

The eight of you regrouped to share the new information, Shin-ah had shared. Upon hearing the news, you all gasped in surprise. "Southwest of here is.. Hiryuu Castle!" Yoon mumbled and that's when everything clicked.

"If you think about it, Soo-Jin took a large army, larger than his sons army to fight the troops. According to normal military strategies, they would need a lot of people to protect the castle, their home base. Also, the first fort, Rokka fell way too easily." Hak informed all of you, and you could tell he had the same thought as you did.

"Shin-ah-kun, tell me.. are the troops from the fire tribe injured?" You asked him. "I didn't see any injuries.. and it didn't look like either of them fought too hard.." Shin-ah quietly spoke, proving the point in your head right.

"Wait a second.. then.. that's just too.. the soldiers that were in Kai empire.. the lightly guarded borders.." Yoon mumbled, also catching onto what you and Hak were trying to say.

"Basically what you're trying to say is that Kan Soo-Jin, head of the fire tribe has joined forces with Li Hazari, a lord from Kai empire. He's betrayed Kouka." Jae-ha, explained to the ones who weren't catching on.

"The fact tha they're rushing to Hiryuu castle means, their real goal is Hiryuu Castle. They are currently after Soo-won's head."

🌺🌺🌺