// Soldiers //

Since the tents were so crowded, you were given your own tent. And Hak had joined you, since sleeping alone in a tent in the middle of a village you just arrived at, would be dangerous. Luckily, it was spacious enough for the both of you.

Hak was quick to lay down as he draped his arm gently above your waist, pulling your body closer to his. It was warm, the village got extremely cold at night, but you weren't cold, instead warm.

With his other hand, Hak brushed a few other strands of hair away from your face. Before leaning in, and pecking your forehead. "Go to sleep. If something happens, I, the great thunder beast will protect you." He chuckled at his own words, before closing his eyes. You who had caught his contagious laughter, laughed at his words before quieting down.

🌺🌺🌺

You had woken up when someone had opened the threads to your tent, crimson hair popped in as she glanced at you, she assumed you were asleep and quickly left. Meanwhile, you who had witnessed her, got curious and wiggled out of Hak's sleeping embrace.

You got out of the tent, the chilly air was quick to greet you. Shivering, you saw the silhouette of a short girl who was crouched down. You headed towards that direction, and like you predicted, you saw Yona who was crouched down, a wooden box in her hand, as the tears in her eyes, plopped down one by one.

"Hey.. what's wrong?" You crouched down, quick to embrace her. She leaned her body on yours, your chin resting above her head. The box in her hand was one you could never forget. And you knew what was inside, especially because you and Soo-won had gone together to pick out the gift. "..is it.. Soo-won?" You asked her quietly, a few seconds passed before she nodded her head.

You didn't really know what to tell her, especially after your love had bloomed right infront of her, while her own plummeted down, 4 months ago. She had loved him all her life, and to forget him in 4 months, that was impossible. "I'm sorry."

🌺🌺🌺

When Hak woke up from sleep, he had expected you to be in his arms. Instead he saw your back, as your arms were around Yona, hers around you. Hak's expression was sour, as was his mood yet he got up, ready to start his day. When he opened the tent's door, a bunch of girls stood outside all loud and worried.

"What're you all doing here?" He whispered, quieting down the girls so they wouldn't wake you up. "We're scared.." They mumbled, leaving Hak confused. Meanwhile Yona who had gotten up, rubbed her eyes before asking: "Scared?"

"Yeah, we went to fetch water but there are soldiers there. They come ever-so often, and they're all just violent." The girls complained, as you too got up, resting your head on Yona's shoulder. "I'll go look." Yona confidently said, gently pushing your head so it rested on Hak's leg.

"Wait.. it's dangerous." You mumbled, still half asleep. Using Hak as support, you got up onto your own feet, following Yona. "You girls wait here." Hak ordered, quick to follow you.

You followed Yona, and were met with the four dragons, as they too heard the news from some girls. You all followed Yona, as she headed towards the cliff. "Princess, wait it'll be dangerous." Kija who was extremely concerned, exclaimed. "Don't worry, I'll be looking from a distance." She murmured back.

She soon stopped when she saw soldiers, along with the rest of you. But before any of you could talk about the scene infront of you, Yoon came running in, with Iza seeds. He looked extremely happy.

"Yona! (Name)! We got it!! The iza seeds! The old man gave it to us!" He said, buzzing with excitement. "He did? That's great! We can finally help them!!" Yona replied, her serious expression quickly going away when her eyes landed on the seeds. "Yoon! That's great! We did it!!" You exclaimed just as happy.

But before either of you could say anymore, Hak covered your mouth, as Jae-ha covered Yoon's and Shin-ah covered Yona's. "This is great.. and we'd love to party.. but.." Jae-ha started, keeping his hand over Yoon's mouth. "Be quiet for now." Hak told you three, finishing for Jae-ha.

Shin-ah pointed towards the soldiers, but what surprised you the most was that, they weren't normal soldiers instead soldiers from the fire tribe in Kai empire. "Fire Tribe soldiers?!" Yoon yelled.

"What's more is there in Kai.." you told them, frowning. "They look like they wander here often. I expected Kai's soldiers to be coming." Yona stated, her tone quickly becoming serious. "Now that I think about it.. there was definitely a rumor about how the fire tribes head was buying weapons from another country." Hak added, remembering his intel as a general.

"But how can soldiers from our country walk around here so confidently?" Kija asked, his clear blue eyes focusing on the soldiers. "What're we going to do?" Jae-ha asked, his attention on the soldiers as well.

🌺🌺🌺

You all blended in with the woman, trying to carry water back and forth. It was unsettling how loose the borders were and how confident the soldiers from your country were. When Jae-ha had glanced in your direction, both you and Yona had an unusually serious expression.

The sounds of galloping horses were heard, as you all looked in the direction they came from. The Kai empires horses and horses from Kouka's split up. "Wait, those are Li Hazara's horses!" Yoon said, identifying the lord of Sen Province.

"This probably isn't good, a lord from Sen Province and the head of the fire tribes men meeting up here, means the two lords are probably meeting up too." You told the rest of them, as Yona nodded in agreement. "We're going back to Kouka."

Meanwhile just like (Name) had predicted, the head of the fire tribe and Kai Empire's lord met up, drinking and laughing like they were old friends. But the plans they were coming up with, definitely wasn't nice.

🌺🌺🌺