// The Firework Situation //

"B-but ultimately this situation is bad either way, if the soldiers find out both.. the princess and the kings.. sister are here, it'll be chaos. And right now, only I can stop them, so please realease me!" Tae-Jun pleaded, his voice wavering slightly at all the men infront of him.

"Well we wouldn't be in this 'situation' if you didn't screw up and shoot your flare." Yoon mumbled under his breath, yet both Yona and You had heard him loud and clear.

"..yes but if you keep quiet about Yona and.. I wouldn't you be potentially betraying the country?" You asked him, his expression quickly growing cold. Tae-jun didn't reply for a handful of seconds.

"I.. I'll stop them no matter what, you can trust me, and if I don't, you can kill me! If it's the princess killing me, it's fine!" Tae-Jun spoke, stepping closer to the two of you.

But the second he did, Hak stood infront of you, he did not trust this man at all. The thunder beast only eased up when you placed your hand on his firm back which faced you.

"I.. I'm a sinful person, I didn't mean to harm the princess, I'm a bad person!! But for me to see the princess again, I'm so fortunate!!" The man began talking one on one with Yona, under the supervision from the others of course.

Hak soon moved away, knowing Kija had his eyes on the officer and princess put him at ease, the thunderbeast, moved behind the princess so he could watch from a distance. And like a small duckling you followed him, and he knew that which is why he moved in the first place.

"You don't trust this guy, do you?" You asked, your gaze firmly staying on Yona and the Tae-Jun. Hak hummed, before answering you.

"He's shady. He brutally hurt the mercenaries who were heading to Fuuga, and even drove the princess and i off a cliff." Hak mumbled, his hands playing around with his glaive. He couldn't afford to rest, especially when troops where headed towards them right this second. But despite all the ruckus, you were always his first priority, and after you followed everyone else.

"Oi! Thunder cat! (Name)! What do you think? Should we let him go?" Yoon called out, pointing towards the man on the floor. You looked at Yona, who eagerly nodded her head. And then you made eye contact with Hak, who responded with a simple shrug.

"...let's let him go. If he doesn't stop the army, Kija and Hak can handle him." You informed them, Yoon and Kija sighing in defeat. But this was the only thing you could do right now, you didn't have many options.

"Thanks you Princess! Thank you Lady (Name)!" Tae-Jim quickly scrambled onto his feet, before gathering his stuff and heading towards the direction of the soldiers, obviously being followed by the rest of you.

But instead of following them, you paused as a certain someone caught your attention. "Shin-ah-kun? Are you doing okay? I thought you were resting, do you need something? Don't push yourself too much!" He replied with simple one word answers, but either way you slowed down your pace so it would match his.

Although Shin-ah had been walking around for a while, he still needed plenty of rest to completely heal. So it was important to prioritize his health. "The moons beauties today, isn't it, Shin-ah-kun?"

🌺🌺🌺

Tae-jun ended up keeping his word, and no one had gotten injured that night. The soldiers retreated, along with their officer and it had been a couple days since the whole incident.

Yoon had given you and Yona some free time today, since most of the work had been finished earlier on in the day. Most of the kids were with Zeno, having a meal, or taking a nap. Which lead the two of you to boredom.

"(Nameeeeee), can I braid your hair?" The princess asked, her eyes fixed on your messy hair. It didn't look like she would take no for an answer, which is why you said yes.

"Yay! Thank you!!" Her fingers were gentle in your hair and she tried her hardest to not pull anything or hurt you while untangling it. It was quiet, and all that could be heard was the lively village which was once not so lively.

This moment reminded you of the night before Yona's birthday, when you were braiding her hair instead. That night was like the calm before the storm. The two of you were innocent and had no idea what would happen, compared to then the two of you had definitely changed, or so you thought.

But the thing that bugged you was did you truly change, you continue to run away from problems as you did in the palace and the several times before. Have you truly changed? Or are you still an immature princess?

"Hey Yona, do you think I've changed compared to when we were in the palace. I mean you've changed into such a beautiful person both inside and out, but have I?" Despite mumbling the words, she heard you loud and clear but before she could respond, she was interrupted by Hak.

"Hey! Let me go!" Hak dropped Tae-Jun who had something in his arms and behind him followed Kija curious to know what was going on. Yona didn't bother to stop playing with your hair. "You're back?" Was her simple comment.

"I-I'm here for a visit, so I can um.. d-deliver a gift." Tae-Juns face quickly turned red, the second his eyes landed on Yona. Meanwhile Hak grabbed the bundle of stuff into his hand, quickly unwrapping it.

Inside were four big boxes of food. The beast quickly called the white dragon over, using him as a poison tester, Hak popped a big chunk of the food in Kija's mouth.

"Is it good? Do you feel anything weird?"

🌺🌺🌺