Chapter 8

The meeting ended yet many stayed in the room, with only the High Leader, Lysabel and Gryff leaving the younger ones to talk about the information they were just given. The remaining council members split into two different groups, these were the group they would most often fall into and who they were closer to as friends. In one Hayden, Tory, Neferus, Erin & Kelin were hearing most of the information for the first time. They were older than Xelqua's group of friends but they also joined the council after them. Often meetings were the time they were all together since Neferus and Erin were often outrunning the medical centre and armoury respectively. "Copycats from the war. Who could be that crazy?" Hayden had asked

"I don't know and I really don't like the sound of it," Kelin said

Neferus asked "Do you think it could be more of the rogues..." she hushed her tone, "Like the ones at the evil academies?"

That sent another ripple down their spines. This half of the council never had to deal with those academies or rogue watchers but they had heard the story of people who had.

On the other side of the room Xelqua, Via, Blaze, Cirrus and Zyrex stood in silence. Until Via decided to say something, "Why do you think people are copying the attacks from the war?"

Blaze replied, "I'm not sure. Do you think that there could be more...?"

Xelqua picked up on what Blaze was thinking, "I don't know if there could be more rouges,"
"But it's definitely possible," Zyrex said with his gaze on the ground.

Cirrus could see the darkness surrounding his friend and his mind raced, trying to think of something they could do to just relax. He came up with an idea, "Do you guys want to do what we used to do?" he asked, "To clear our heads,"

The others smiled at the thought of the previous memories, "You know we could use a break," Via said

"I have most of the day cleared, I told X that I was getting a checkup from Neferus, and that she might be busy," Xelqua said as his smile grew.

The group all agreed and started to head towards Le Café De La Lune. It was the groups go to café, if the weather wasn't good enough to have a picnic. Though since their last picnic they had all made an unwritten contract that they wouldn't go anywhere near the void until they caught the people behind the attacks.

The café was run by players who had taken up permanent residence in the Main World, their names were Melura and Zeli. The two of them had been married for three years and the two women were going to try to adopt a child. The two always had a few tables and twelve chairs up on the roof for whenever the council members dropped by, whether they were by themselves, with a group or if the full council came. "Hey Zeli," the group of friends said as they passed her on their way to the table.

She smiled and called back to them, "You're usual?"

"Yep thanks Zeli, you know us so well," Cirrus called out, returning the smile.

The friends dragged five chairs around a circular table and sat down, "How have the hermits been Xel?" Via asked.

"Good, the season has been pretty good. As long as you ignore everything else?" Xelqua replied, "How's it been here at ᓵ||∷╎ℸ ̣ ⍑⚍∷╎ᓭ? How's preparing for the test day?"

"Well Cirrus and I have been trying to tackle some of the frequent glitches on the server, I even helped on one of the codes that were affected in galactic. That server also had someone with watcher blood, so they might try out," Via told.

"Zyrex and I have been focusing on helping some of the servers that have been affected by magic," Blaze replied.

"Xel! Suma said that I could come over and re-meet the hermits properly soon, so I might be dropping in a few weeks or so. I'm excited to see your other friends," Zyrex said excitedly.

"I look forward to meeting with the great High Watcher Zyrex Void again," Xelqua said, doing a little bow causing his friends to laugh.

"It was so hard not to burst out laughing then with Suma being there, you better not do that again," Zyrex laughed.

"Of course, whatever you say your esteemed lordship High Watcher Zyrex Void," Xelqua grinned.

"Don't forget magnificent," Blaze said smiling.

"Or merciful," Via said, joining in.

All eyes turned to Cirrus as Zyrex pleaded, "Please don't,"

"What about all-powerful?" Cirrus grinned as the others started to laugh.

"Traitors," Zyrex mumbled, trying to be serious until he cracked a smile.

From the stairway Melura walked upholding a large pizza, 75cm in diameter (30 inches), separated into five equal sections each with a different flavour: Vege for Cirrus, hawaiian for Xelqua, plain cheese for Via, pepperoni for Blaze and meat lovers for Zyrex. "You know you're very basic Via, I don't know how you're my twin," Blaze said while lifting a slice of pizza into his mouth.

"What can I say, sometimes simple is simply the best," Via shrugged while enjoying her pizza.

After they had finished and left their payment as well as a tip and waved goodbye to Melura and Zeli.

The friends walked along the street, waving at a mix of players, admins and watchers, as they arrived at the beach. The beach had golden sand and the water was an ombre blue, the watchers used their magic to change the outfits into ones more fitted for the water. "Race you!" Cirrus called out as he ran to the water.

Via and Xelqua were the next two to start the race to the warm colourful water, while Blaze and Zyrex when trying to run, tripped on the sand and landed on their face, though if the purple magic flying between Xelqua's fingers showed that maybe it was a bit more than just them being clumsy. Their faces were now filled with sand and their hands were now filled with purple light, the ones already in the water turned their heads just in time to see floating blobs of water that crashed onto their heads. Zyrex and Blaze ran towards the water ready to create a big splash, but instead, when they had reached the water they were met with a splash from those in the water. "That's the best you can do?!" Zyrex taunted while spinning in a circle splashing them.

Xelqua looked to his left towards Cirrus and then to his right to Via and then faced the two watchers, they all pulled their hands back and sent a giant wave towards the others.

After a good 30 minutes of just splashing, they made their way back to shore. "One last thing to end off the day," Via grinned.

"I'll build the best sandcastle this time!" Blaze yelled out scooping up sand.

"You never even won once, I doubt you'll win this time," Cirrus said, who had won the most times.

"This means that I'm more likely to win now," Blaze called out, who sand was falling down.

"Not how averages work!" Via called out who should say anything considering her castle was also falling.

"Not that you have anything to say," Xelqua smirked since his sandcastle was actually holding up.

"Must be genetics if you ask me," Zyrex called back.

When everyone the majority had decided they had finished, there were three castles and two lumps of sand, and to no one surprised Cirrus had won. "I should get back, and with everything going. Hopefully, we can get everything sorted out. I'll see you guys when I see you next," Xelqua said.

"You'll be seeing me soon either way," Zyrex said as the rest said their goodbyes and Xelqua flew off into the Portal Hub

WC~ 1285

Thank you to everyone who has been reading this, it feels great to know that there are actual people interested in what I write