*Dalawampu't Pito*

Flashback No. 2

CALIXTER PEÑAFRANCIA POINT OF VIEW

Everyday I just want me inside of her. It seems she became my addiction. One night, she came into my room. She sit beside me.
"Did you ever lose someone in your life?" I manage to ask her. "I lose someone when I was 18, actually she's my special someone when I was 15. Three years of being together just got wasted by her fucking decisions. She decided to sell herself to the men lusting her," while telling that words my heart start to break. I still continue talking because I feel I can trust her.

"I am thirty now, how can she face me?! She's more dirty than a rug. Twelve fucking years! And here she was begging for me to come back! Is she stupid?!" It's like I just want to let it all out. I face her. "Can you save from this?" I don't know why I wanted her to save me. Maybe I just not myself right now.

"I don't know what to say,"she said.

"You don't have to say anything just sleep with me tonight."

One day, Julie came with me. I can't resist her because I still have this feelings for her.  I can see in her eyes that she's jealous or I assumed so much.

I even ask dinner date for her. She's so beautiful that day I must admit.

Days have passed and I feel she's so distant to me. She even got drank one night. I did not expect she will confess to me. The feeling is just so unexplainable.

I notice her body is always tired. Maybe she needs rest. There is something wrong with her. I should know it. Ayoko magkasakit siya dahil sa unti-unti ko ng nararamdaman ang bagay na matagal ko ng tinatago.

Isang araw hindi ko ito makita sa mansion. Joan explained to me that she has to go because of her uncle that is sick. I called her one day. She needs to focus to her family so I decided not to disturb her.

When she go back to the mansion, hindi ako nagpakita sa kanya. I have this feeling that I am slowly losing her. It's because the sickness consuming me. I badly wanted to her not to get pity but I want her to know me more. Night comes, I can't stop myself checking on her. I saw her crying and I simply hug her.

Early in the morning I take a bath in her bathroom. After that, I go outside. Nakita ko itong nakaupo at malayo ang tingin.

"Are you okay? Your spacing out?"

"Sorry," why she's saying sorry? She became silent once again. Then she stood up rushing to the bathroom. Nasuka ito. So if my assumptions is correct she's pregnant. Thinking of it I feel so happy. I followed her to the bathroom.

"Are you pregnant baby?" I ask her with excitement.

"Ano, uhm, kase,"she is little bit to hesitant. But I know she's really pregnant. "So my baby, is pregnant." Binuhat ko agad siya. How happy she made me. Nagreklamo siya kaya binaba ko ito.

I told her to consult for her pregnancy. I want her to be safe and our future baby.

We made love for so many times. I notice always she's spacing out. She told me how our relationship will go. Of course I will marry her but I'm still scared if she founds out my cancer. But that change when she ask me if I really love her. All of the sudden I wanted to tie the knot between us.

When she told me, she wanted to marry me it made my heart jump. Mabilisan ang nangyari dahil nagdesisyon kaming magpakasal ng maaga. When she go back to Manila, I made private rest house for her. I wanted to give it to her.

I heard what she asks to Joan. I should tell her. I don't want to hide anything.

"What's with the face baby?" I tried to be relax.

"Calix, can you be honest with me?" I know where it will be going.
"What do you mean  baby?"

"May sakit ka ba o problema na ayaw mong sabihin sa akin?" That's the exact question I waited. "What if I'm sick baby? It doesn't change that I love you. It's just a cancer baby, I'll be a father and I can be a husband. Mapipigilan ba nito ang nararamdaman ko?"

"Calix, bakit ka ganyan? Hindi ko kakayanin na maiiwan pa din ako sa huli," she's crying again. I wipe her tears. It's not just scary but I am more terrified.

After we became legal nanatili kami sa rest house na pinagawa ko. Halos araw-araw lumalaban ako dahil sa kanya. Ayoko manatili sa ospital dahil gusto ko maalagaan ko pa rin siya. Makita kung paano lumaki ang anak ko sa tyan niya.

I was more than happy when I we go to her ob-gyne announcing her having a twins. All are girls. Though I'm leaving this world I still feel so lucky that I am able to build my own family.

I have my angel who makes me feel strong. For so many years, I didn't forgive Julie because I am so hurt very bad but Shahara change it. I choose to forgive and it's fulfilling.

Each day, my situation got worst but my wife is always there. What I only hope I'll be with her when she give birth.

"I love you baby,"sabay himas ko sa buhok niya. She fall asleep beside me. I called my attorney for some changes of my last will and testament. I told him to make sure everything what my twins deserve will be put on my wife's name. If they reach 18,they can use it. I want to spoil my twins  though I will not be able be with them.

While at the hospital, I write a letter for my wife. I handle it to Joan and it will be only open if I died. She obediently agree with me.
********************************
2 chapters left ! Thanks sa support 😊