Chapter 17

"What's going on?" I whispered. My words were barely audible but Heath and Gianna, both heard me.

Heath had a surprised look on his face and he mumbled, "Shit."

He rubbed his forehead when Gianna asked me, "I'm sorry, but this is a private matter. Can you give us some privacy?"

I had calmed and composed myself, repeating only one mantra in my mind: Let him explain. Remember the rules. There must be a reason.

I spared a glance at Gianna and asked Heath, "Well?"

He exhaled a sharp breath and said to Gianna in not-so-gentle tone, "I'm saying for the last time, leave me alone."

With that, he took my hand and brought me towards the now deserted hallway.

We faced each other at a corner and he glanced towards my right. I had momentarily forgotten Victoria was still there and then asked her for some privacy.

I could tell he was a lot nervous so I placed my hands on his shoulders to still him and asked in a soft voice, "Heath, what's going on?"

He pressed his lips together and said, "As you heard, Gianna's my ex."

I nodded and he continued, "We didn't end up on good terms as you just witnessed. I don't want to talk about what really happened just yet, but I need to ask you this: Do you trust me?"

I answered without hesitance, "Of course, I do. Why do you think I wasn't flipping off after hearing those words between you two? Because I told myself that there must be a reason you didn't tell and I need to let you explain. You know how much I hate non-communication in relationships."

He nodded but still had a grim face, "Were you eavesdropping?"

I frowned, "What? No! Victoria dragged me here and told me that you were hiding something. I swear it was not my intention to listen a private conversation-"

He kissed me.

"Okay, I believe you. C'mon now we've already skipped two classes."

I obliged.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since that incident, things had been a tad bit tense between us. Mostly, because I thought he needed space for he wasn't ready yet to tell me about his past relationships, so I gave him that. Meanwhile, I went to have a chat with someone else after school.

I was in the parking lot where I saw her.

"We need to talk."

Victoria rolled her eyes.

"What's really going on with you? Why are you trying to sabotage my relationship? And more importantly, what have I ever done to you?"

She shook her head and scoffed, "I don't think you have the heart to hear the answers for the last two questions but nevertheless, I shall answer."

I gritted my teeth but she continued, "I'm jealous of you. And I won't elaborate more, because I would like to have a really good live show about that conversation. Think whatever you want of this, but don't think you know everything."

And she left.

I did nothing and still got involved in stupid shit. Yay my life! Note the sarcasm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you have no idea what i've in store for you....*cue evil laugh muahahahaha*

also a big FUCK YOU to geometry!

and im sorry this was WAY too short but i had no time im having exams lol