Chapter 23: Sarawat

It's been a while since Sarawat has spent his sweet time in the shower. After all his less than ideal plan to keep working until he was too exhausted to feel anything didn't really give him time to pamper himself.

But Tine has been on guard ever since he had come home sick - he'd practically barricade the bedroom door, making sure he took long showers, had coffee, ate breakfast, etc.

It should be extremely irritating- who the hell ordered Sarawat Chivaree around?
But he found himself enjoying it. The nagging was kinda cute, it made him feel special. Not that he'd ever admit that to anyone.

He closes his eyes as jets of almost scalding water blasts on his face, chest and back. He feels the heat and the steam relax every sinew of muscle and open every pore.

Soon, Sarawat steps out of the shower enclosure. He grabs a towel and wraps it securely around his waist. He catches sight of his own reflection and is surprised that he is grinning. Tine was right, the more relaxed days have done him good.

He grabs a smaller towel and starts drying his hair as he steps into the empty bedroom. Sarawat knows that at this hour, Tine was usually at the gym right so he doesn't hurry to dress up. He takes his sweet time just toweling off.

Which of course was a mistake. But how could he have known?

A loud, shrill shriek pierces the air, stopping Sarawat in his tracks.

The door of the bedroom bursts open and the source of the noise barrels into the room and heads directly for Sarawat.

Before he could move away, he is enveloped - trapped between two muscular arms squeezing him tight.
The shrieking doesn't stop and Sarawat is unable to fully process what is happening.

"I got the part! I got the part! I got the part! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
I got the part! I got the part! I got the part!"

Tine takes a step back, his hands still on Sarawat's shoulders as he bounces up and down. And that is enough space to finally let Sarawat breathe enough to talk.

"Tine, what is happening? Are you hurt?"

Tine stops bouncing and looks at Sarawat. And he is the one who freezes now, as if he has been plunged in ice water. He hurriedly takes a step back.

And once again he is slipping on the duvet. I should really throw that duvet away, Sarawat thinks as he dives forward to catch Tine.

His arm loops around Tine's waist and he pulls him upwards. Tine steadies himself by putting a hand on Sarawat's chest. For a moment everything seems fine.

But that's until Sarawat realizes the towel around his waist has started to slip. Everything that happens next happens so fast but it feels like it was happening in slow motion.

Sarawat tries valiantly to keep pulling Tine upwards as he uses another hand to pull up his towel.

But physics wasn't on his side.

The towel unravels and falls and Sarawat is so panicked that he loses his footing. That causes his grip on Tine to loosen. Sarawat hooks his arm as fast as he can under Tine's neck so that his head won't hit the floor. He succeeds but in doing so, he lands on top of Tine.

He opens his eyes - not sure when he even closed them.

Tine is staring up at Sarawat, his eyes  wider and rounder than they have ever been before.

For once in his life, Sarawat was completely bereft of a plan.