°41°

I'm Sorry, Jungkook…
I'm Sorry…

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Author's POV

Heartbroken is a heart that shattered like millions of pieces of glasses they said.

But did they feel it?

Do they actually know how it feels to be heartbroken?

Because surely, Jungkook feels nothing like how they describe. He feels like all he wants to do right now is cry and scream at the top of his lungs to let it all out because it's not hurting– but killing him inside. The pain he feels in the chest is overwhelming, he feels like his soul was just taken out from the area. And even after explaining that, the pain he really felt was so far from it. So how can he ever describe what it feels like? Because certainly, real-life heartbreak is unexplainable.

He should have been ready… He could have seen it coming already when Jimin suddenly turned silent, but then why? Why is hearing it from the older person made him so much more hurt than he imagined?

"W-what?" He asked stuttered, wanting to make sure what he heard was true as he stared at Jimin who was looking down all along. No, he's not mad yet did not disappoint but that doesn't mean he didn't feel anything inside because truly, he thought Jimin would say yes. After all, the older male has been doing nothing but giving him greenlights for the past three weeks. So what could go wrong? Is the surprise isn't enough?

"I said no, Jungkook." Jimin declared coldly; not even spared the younger a glance as he stared under the water where the lights were before, feeling his heart, breaking painfully inside. He needed to do this… Not only for his good but for Jungkook too. He knows the others deserve so much more, deserve someone who is reliable, deserve someone who is lovelier, and deserve someone that could love him without worrying about anything.

And yeah, Jimin is anything but those last three statements.

He keeps wondering if he didn't meet with Aíden, will all of this happen? Will he meet the younger ones at the party? Will he be the third wheel in their relationship? Guess not. Even if he didn't meet Aíden, he would still meet Jungkook by the time he arrived at the company. How ironic… He could never run away from this. His shitty life was prettily planned by fate.

But why…?

Why let him meet Jungkook again?

Just to hurt him again? Because certainly, it works.

"A- ah, it's okay hyung… I don't mind, I could wait for you more. Let's go, we could act as if nothing happened." Jungkook spoke out, feeling his inside weakening but still maintaining himself from breaking. Yes, he meant what he said earlier… He is willing to wait for Jimin longer, no matter how long it takes. The older one probably just isn't ready to say yes, it's not a big deal to him– or at least, that's what he's trying to assure himself.

"No, Jungkook…" Jimin trailed off, as Jungkook watched the older man turn around slowly to him before looking upfront. Just then he realized the other was crying because his tears were beautifully shined by the reflection from the Han River bridge lights which undoubtedly, reminds Jungkook of what happened three weeks ago– when they had their first dinner date. Jimin still looks beautiful from his eyes. The only difference is that Jimin is smiling whilst right now he's crying… and it's not something that he would like to see.