°26°

The Bitter Truth He Needed To Face

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Author's POV

"Welcome home, babe… Sit first, the dinner is two seconds away." Aíden greeted him from the kitchen without even sparing a glance as he was cutting some carrots on the marble cutting board along with other fresh vegetables while Jungkook just nodded in disturbed before placing his briefcase on the living room table and after that made his way to the dining area; mentally preparing himself for what's going to happen that night. 

No, he's not going to change his mind this time. He's determined to break it off with Aíden, it's just that… this guilty and nervous feeling inside won't leave him alone and instead grows dramatically every second passed; making him doubt his decision all over again.

As soon as he reached the dining table, Jungkook's nose was greeted with a delicious smell as he glanced over the dishes with wonder what his fianceé made for them as their last dinner. There; two white plates placed opposite each other while there's a piece of medium cooked meat on each one of them whilst beside them has mixed newly cooked fries with mayonnaise and chilies sauce and a tiny bowl of black pepper sauce as the main food seasoning.

Jungkook glanced at Aíden's back before smiling sadly at the sight, realizing it would be the last time he tasted the older cooking and the last time he ever saw the male wearing his favorite baby blue apron which was given by Jungkook himself. No, he doesn't love Aíden that's for sure. But he just feels grateful for the other's presence in his life, grateful for the attention he received, grateful for the love he earned, and grateful for everything the older one has ever done for him. 

Because he knows… He hell knows that when the night passed as the moon went to sleep while the sun took its role; he would no longer receive those things.

"Earth to bunnie?" Aíden suddenly spoke, bringing Jungkook back to reality as he gazed at the other who giggled cutely, probably thinking he looks cute, making him look down at both of his hands in guilt, feeling angry at himself for not being honest back then and for being such a coward asshole who cheats on Aiden… A literal angel everyone wants to have.

"You can eat now," Aíden stated and grabbed the knife and the fork as he glanced at Jungkook, waiting for the other to do the same which left him no choice but to pick the utensils set along before starting to cut the delicious smelled steak. And for some reason, the usual thick meat that is hard to slice; cut open immediately when Jungkook moves the knife; surprising him and also hitting him right in the chest.

The scene is familiar to him… It's almost like the scene he will face that night. Laugh at the comparison, he didn't care at all because it's true. He's like a knife that will, later on, tell the bitter truth to the soft meat by slicing it which makes it cut open as an impact for Aíden's heart. It's painful, you can feel it through words but you have no choice but to slice it, or not— you wouldn't be able to eat the meat properly. 

The mere thought of hurting Aíden brings a tiny amount of tears from Jungkook's eyes. If only he has any other choice, he surely will pick it as long as it doesn't hurt anybody but he knows there's none. What was he supposed to do? Forget Jimin and married Aíden then pretending to love the male for the rest of his life? He can't. He will never be able to do that.

"So, bunnie… What's the thing you wanted to talk about?" Aíden suddenly raised a point, unawarely breaking Jungkook's thought who blinked a few times at the sudden question. He thought he would talk about this after they finished the dinner but it seemed like Aíden wanted to talk about right at the moment he didn't know whether to feel thankful that this will end sooner than expected or will start sooner than he planned.