°23°

Is It Only A Dream? Or A Deja Vu? Or a memory?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Author's POV

Jungkook was standing in front of Jimin's door as he peeked inside the room from outside; checking if there's anyone in there but luckily not.

He stared at unconscious Jimin, feeling his heart slowly aching by the sight in front of him. SeokJin is right all along... What's the point of him knowing what's going on if at the end of the day he will return to Aíden? Is there any difference if he knows or didn't know about what's wrong with Jimin?

With a deep breath, he pulled the door; opening the entrance for him to enter as he walked closer to the unconscious male. He glanced beside Jimin and noticed there's a chair to sit on which he took the opportunity and dragged the thing closer to the other's bed before settling on it.

Immediately, his sight blurred as his hand unconsciously grabbed Jimin's cold ones, feeling the rough bandage texture chilled against his heat palms. He closed his doe's eyes and leaned his forehead against the older hands, letting his crystal liquid fall on top of the bed cover as he took a deep breath; silently hoping this moment will remain forever like this.

"I'm sorry, Jimin... I don't know what's going on but I can't. I can't leave him. I can't leave my family." Jungkook mumbled under his breath as he opened his eyes, looking at Jimin, and couldn't help but silently wish the older one would remain sleeping like that. Jungkook doesn't think- wait no. Jungkook knows he couldn't leave Jimin if the male ever begs him to stay. He knows it only takes one word to slip out from Jimin's mouth for him to run into the male's arms again.

"Pft- why am I even saying sorry? It's not like I'm the one who leaves you. We don't even have any relationship. Moreover, you won't even be affected if I go." Jungkook stated, trying to ease himself not knowing his words only making him more broke inside. He wanted to act like it was okay. He wanted to tell himself that Jimin does not even affect if he leaves because the older man certainly didn't love him- in the hope he will hate the male.

But there he is once again, torn in pieces because no matter how; he couldn't bring himself to hate Jimin. At all.

Jungkook chuckled remembering his old memories while his loving gaze stayed still on Jimin. He used to be so strong, he used to stand so tall, but all of that changed by the particular night where he found himself drowned in a tight grip of someone around his body. Oh, it feels so right for him at that time... But now, he couldn't breathe, he couldn't sleep, and barely even hung on.

But even so, did Jungkook regret coming upon Jimin in his life? Maybe. But did he really? Certainly not.

Everyone you meet has a part to play in your story. While some may take a chapter, others will take a paragraph, and most will be no more than scribbled notes in the margins. But someday, you'll meet someone who will become so integral to your life, you'll put their name in the title. And in Jungkook's chapters, Jimin is the title. The title of his story. So how's he gonna live without the older?

Well, he won't.

"I love you..." Jungkook mumbled as he moved his hand and caressed Jimin's soft cheeks, feeling the cold skin burning against his fingers. He gritted his teeth, trying hard to not burst out there by the fact he needs to leave but the view in front of him only made it harder. Not only that, the mere thought of Jimin didn't even care if he leaves hurts him the most because hell; he cares for the older so much.

"Ahh... It just hurts me, you know." Jungkook trailed off, backing away from unconscious Jimin, and started speaking as if the male will talk back. "I don't even know why I'm here, apologize to you for leaving though I know you won't even care. You never did. Funny right?" Jungkook chuckled to himself as he glanced upwards to the ceiling, holding his tears that were about to fall; not wanting to cry anymore.