21 facetime

everyone was eating breakfast when Anastasia got a call having to leave the room.

hey dad. she said sitting on the couch.

hey how's it going over there. he asked as she shrugged.

It's good, what's up. she asked as he just said he missed her.

I actually wanted to tell you something important. he said as she nodded ok.

I'm getting married. he said as she looked with shock.

cool with who. she said just staring at the screen.

maya's mom, we've been seeing each other for a while. he said but she started to tear up. 

when is it? she asked but he didn't answer.

dad when is it. she asked again more sternly.

you can't come. he said breaking her heart.

why. she said whipping the tears.

because Maya convinced Katy that you were gonna ruin it. he sighed.

wow thanks for being a great father by standing up for me. she said sarcastically.

I agree with her. Shawn said as Anastasia felt the need to smoke again.

know what have fun with your new family, your old one won't be here when you want it back. she hung up having a huge headache.

she sat there for a moment thinking about what she could have done for him to not want her there and all she could come up with is that he was probably embarrassed of her like Topanga is. 

Miguel came over feeling like something was wrong and felt confused when he saw her in the sad state she was.

what happened. he asked sitting down next to her.

 my dad's getting married and doesn't want me there. she breathed even though she felt like she couldn't.  she said as Miguel held her.

I'm sorry. he kissed her head feeling bad for her.

fuck them, I have the best boyfriend and that's all I need. she said placing a kiss on his lips which tasted like orange juice.

let's go eat. he said pulling her back to the table.

that day she honestly felt as if Miguel was her only family and she was ok with that.