"What should I do?" she wondered as her phone began to vibrate again, she the phone to her ear connecting the call.

"Hello."

"Regina?"

"Yes?"

"It's about time, I didn't think I would ever reach you." a familiar voice said as Regina sat up in the bed.

"Who is this?

"Well that is such a silly question, how do you not recognize your own mother's voice." She said with a chuckle. "You always were a silly girl."

Stunned Regina sat in the middle of the bed, eyes wide , with the phone glued to her ear as he mother rambled on and on about the one childhood memory Regina had of her.

"What do you want?" Regina said still in a daze.

"I want to see you sweetheart; I have some very important things I need to speak to you about."

"How did you get this number?"

"I'm your mother you don't think I wouldn't know how to get in touch with my own child. You don't sound pleased to hear from me."

"Please, don't ever call me again." Regina said as she dropped the phone ending the call.

Regina could not believe what had just happened, she wondered how the woman could just call her and act as if they were the best of friends. Regina barely remembered what her mother looked like but she could never forget her voice. It was the same smoky voice that told her she wasn't good enough to be her daughter, the same voice the belittled her father, the same voice that broke an innocent little girls heart.

Regina never went to sleep that night; she sat in the same position all night as her mind replayed the call repeatedly as she watched the sun rise. Seven o'clock came, her alarm began its cheerful morning bird song, slapping the off button before staggering into the bathroom. She could barely stand as she took her shower. Even as she dressed and applied her make-up, her mind was still in a daze. She did not feel up to driving so she decided to take the train to work. The soft whirring of the train as it began to pick up speed, the graffiti on the various advertisements and the old man whose head swayed back and forth gave her something else to focus on. When she walked into her office she was alone, usually she loved being the first one in but today she need the noise of Verity and Teresa arguing back and forth, or the random mumblings of Ramona.

Sitting at her desk Regina looked at the sheets of paper her father had written some of his most intimate moments with Sandra that she was going to re-write in calligraphy on silk ribbons that would be tied around the stems of 24 white roses. Regina was beginning to see the romantic side of her father and she liked it. Regina had just finished with the ribbons when Verity walked into her office and sat down.

"You look like crap, did you get any sleep last night." She blurted out and Regina just glared at her.

"Good morning Verity."

"I'm sorry Good morning Regina, did you sleep last night?"

"Yeah,"

"Liar, you have bags under your eyes, something happened, what happened?" Verity asked as she studied Regina.

"Something did happen but I don't want to go into detail."

"Does it have to do with Christian?"

"No, I'll tell you later."

"Okay sweetie, I'm going to start prepping the candles I want you to get some sleep."

"I still have to go pick up the flowers, why didn't we have them delivered again?"