Chapter 25

Our breaths were mixing like they belonged to each other. Her beautiful brown's shined and twinkled as a pang of regret in my chest on why didn't I adore these beautiful eyes when they saw me and only me for the last few days. I was cursing myself for not taking a good look at those beautiful pink lips which could take away all my pain...Those crimson pink cheeks which blushes at my mere proximity and don't even need me to touch them.

'Why didn't I adore you before like this?' I said as unconsciously I began playing with her hair lock by curling them with my fingers and her breathing fastened. She gulped nervously but after a few moments responded...

'Maybe you didn't care to notice earlier!!! Or maybe you were too entangled in your past!!! Maybe you still are!!!' she said sharply and I could see the pain in her eyes.

In one go I cupped her cheeks in both my hands pressing myself to her soft body and closed the distance between us and looked deep into her eyes. She didn't look away. Not even once.

'I may have done a lot of fuck ups in my life Shilpa! But you and the moment I shared with you yesterday wasn't a fuck up! It was a beautiful moment between me and my fiance!' I announced while she kept looking at my face for a few minutes in silence and then burst out laughing.

'You think this is funny?' I asked her and she smiled sarcastically and replied...

'Obvio!!! You calling me your fiance! I was not even your date Naman and just a kiss happens and I turn your fiance overnight? Like come on!!! We aren't horney teenagers! Playing kiss and blow here!' saying she tried to get off my hold but in one go I pushed her back to the wall and captured her again in between my arms and whispered...

'We are not horney teenagers Shilpa! Because I want much more than just sex from you!!!' I announced fearlessly and her eyes grew at once just at the mention of the three letter word.

I slowly slipped my hand into her waist and grabbed her closer while I felt her shudder under my touch.

'I want to hold you closer to me every day, every night when you read your books'

Slowly leaning into her ears...I smelled her hair and whispered softly 'I want to cuddle you in my arms and sleep smelling your vanilla fragrant hair! Which by the way is my favorite flavour now! And you definitely don't want to know what more of vanilla would I prefer after that!' I smirked and I heard a 'Huhhh' leave her mouth at my shameless announcement.

Holding her baby like hands closer to my lips I kissed her each finger delicately saying 'I want to hold these hands in my hands all night and keep feeling their warmth which keep away from all my fears!'

Her breath hitched as my lips pressed against her fingers and she looked elsewhere...
'I am engaged to you from my heart Shilpa!' I said as her eyes filled with tears and spilled out of her one eye and I simply wiped that tear off with my index finger while she sniffed and looked up to face the roof and closed her eyes as multiple droplets of tears fell from her eyes when she simply pulled out her phone and was browsing on it. Next minute she turned the phone around and said...

'Aditi's latest picture with Keshav! They are having twins!!!' she announced and something churned in my stomach and my grip on her hand loosened when her eyes filled with more fresh tears and she smiled and added....

'I didn't want to hurt you Naman! It's just that I wanted to tell you before you do more things to hurt me or anyone else. I know Aditi still affects you! Doesn't she?' she asked and my eyes only went to Aditi and Keshav's picture which was captioned '2+2' and Keshav was hugging Aditi's baby bump. I tried not to cry but my tears didn't listen to me kept falling off my eyes while Shilpa took a step closer and pulled me into her chest while I burst out into tears and she cuddled me into her chest. I kept crying till every drop from my eye dried off.