Chapter 16

Phase 2 Begins...

Here onwards the story will be narrated from Naman's POV

NAMAN

Rizi was extremely pissed and annoyed with me. Rizi!!! Rizwan Ahmed my good friend who also works as a journalist in a popular news channel here in Dubai.

The guy who knows it all.
It was he who clicked mine and Shilpa's pictures over our dinner date, so on and so forth. Initially Rizi thought it was all a surprise that I'm planning for Shilpa which it actually was...I was planning a small memory collage for Shilpa. My way of putting efforts into this relationship which everyone thinks I never did.

But honestly I did!
I tried my best!!!
It's never easy fighting your demons. And marriage wasn't the demon I was ready to face. I was asked to date my good friend which I outright rejected.

I still remember those stupid reporters hounding Siya Vanni and Shilpa and Siya Vanni gave in saying Shilpa was my fiance. I was fuming.

Shilpa and I were friends. Have always been and will always be. Dating your bestie isn't the coolest thing to do. Specially that bestie who has seen your love transform into marriage and then seen that marriage shatter disastrously.

Years later when I'm asked to date that buddy it's not going to be a bed of roses. It wasn't for us. I still remember when bro came to me saying I must give this a chance I thought he was being insensitive. Everyone knew I had a painful divorce. I was fighting depression. I was undergoing therapies and hey here we go my therapist goes and proposes my ex wife and there they are getting married and you expect me to be normal? That doesn't happen.

Reality is much more complicated but then I decided to face it. I attended my ex wife's wedding. But later after the media drama happened and Siya Vanni although tried to convince me...I came back here to Dubai. I needed my space. I had immersed myself in work is when one day I get a call from Dr Keshav... that he is in Dubai and he wants to invite me for his house warming party. Dr Keshav would be on and off shuffling his stay in between Dubai and India. He worked for one of most prestigious hospital chains and was the head of the psychology department. And now that he was married he wanted to have a home in Dubai too.

I didn't want to attend the housewarming party but it was Dr Keshav. He and his team were treating me. They have helped me get rid of alcoholism and also get a grip on my anger issues. And although he's now married Aditi and I may have a slight hatred towards him for that reason the fact still cannot be denied that he's a gem of a human being.

Secure...kind... humble... understanding.
Above all he was a mature man.

Qualities Aditi admired about him and something which probably Aditi kept finding in me.

I was given a warm welcome in his high rise 4bhk apartment which was situated in the lavish area of Dubai Marina.

Dr Keshav and his team mostly all who knew me were present and they were all very kind and warm. It was all good until she joined in.

Aditi!!!

Now!!! Mrs Aditi Keshav...

That pricked.

As beautiful as ever...she was wearing a red saree and and a simple nuptial chain which once upon a time I loved to make her wear. I still can't forget how naughtily I would tease her slender neckline making her wear it.

But the thought that now someone else would rain kisses on that neckline built up an angry sensation inside me. I am not supposed to be like this!!! I maintained distance from her and even decided to leave the house soon however some idiot ended up splashing juice on my blazer and I went in search of washroom to clean the mess and unfortunately landed in the room I absolutely didn't want to land in...