However, I was still surprised when she asked if the seat beside mewas occupied. The place was packed, yes, yet there were still many other vacant seats. Plus the fact that it seemed she'd been looking out for me, had me realizing I'd made a good impression in the short time of knowing her. Also had me taking my journal off the seat, nodding, "Of course."

Like me, she's in a jersey. Brown with Lacey short sleeves and a big 29 written on the front. Mine's blue with a big 09 on it.

There hasn't been much conversation between us but she's made a few ugly remarks about the players from the opposing team, school spirit, and I've said a few things in response.

This time I decide to speak first, "So, who do you think is going to win?" I ask though I know I must be yelling so she can hear me. The game hasn't even started but people here talk so much it can't be quiet for a minute.

"If these tigers don't win," is all she says before coach's whistle screeches. However, I don't think she was going to say any more. It sounded like one of those sassy statements with open endings.

While a lot of us were keen on the game that we stayed glued to our seats the whole time, some really just came for the food. Because it wouldn't even be up to five minutes and the same person I'd seen get up to buy a hotdog will get up again to buy popcorn. One group of friends even bought a pizza- does this look like a friendly get-together? They're something else. And I'm glad Victoria noticed, got pissed as well. That's my definition of school spirit. When our eyes met we made the universal facial expression of being irritated.

We also kept talking throughout the game, although I'm scared it's just me. We hailed praises anytime our school scored, booed whenever Parody High- the opposing school, did. In between that I'd fill Victoria in on unimportant parts of my life because I couldn't.stop.talking. I don't know why.

The first story I told her was of the time I had a rabbit, a white rabbit that looked just like the one that ran into the field, distorting the game a bit till a blonde girl in a grey sweater ran into the field and yelled Nacho. Now we don't exactly know if the rabbit's name is Nacho, or... or it likes nachos so it was kind of a bait to get it running back to her because it did. It ran back to her and she picked it up. Said one of those awkward sorry's you say in uncomfortable situations before climbing up the bleachers. I later found out she sat in the line of seats right above my line.

But that my rabbit got lost, unfortunately, in the park one Saturday.

I also told Victoria of the pet puppy I had, Lisa, white with brown spots.

"It got lost too. On a Sunday." I said to her when she asked what happened to it.

"You're not very good with pets."

I agreed 'cause... well.

Having disturbed her with stories she could have probably lived on without knowing, I returned to giving the football game my rapt attention.

And it's been that way before she shifts in her seat beside me, our arms brushing, I'm about drawing my arm away when I notice it was.. kind of intentional. I raise both my brows at her.

"So," She starts, taking her arm back. "What's up with you and the new boy?"

The first thing my heart does is pause. Feels like I'm driving a car with drugs and cops on my tail.

But I let out a small laugh, hoping it's not coming out as nervous as I feel. "What? Us?"

"Uh-huh."

"Nothing."

"Okay." She nods. But somehow, her letting it go so easily has me on edge. It'd honestly have felt better if she'd put up more of a fight.

"Why though? Why do you think there could've been something?"