Does it hurt? (Jin & Jungkook)

Start from the beginning

He looks around for a few minutes to find his bearings. Where am I again? From what he can see, he's barely moved from where he was, and can only guess that he had tried to run to his hyung. There's broken glass all over the place along with plaster and wood, and he realises that some of the walls collapsed. The couch is hanging into a hole in the middle of the room, merging their apartment and the one below into one. Seokjin had been watching his favourite show, that meant- Jungkook looked down with dread.

He carefully crawls towards the opening, debris cutting through his palms as he moves. One thing was sure, he needed to get down there. It's not like he was some kind of secret agent and could tie a rope around something to ease his way down, and for all he knew his hyung might already be out of time. Jungkook slowly gets up on his feet and feels the blood rush to his head when he does, wincing hard. The maknae knows what he needs to do. He apologises out loud to no one and everyone, and closes his eyes before throwing himself forward.

The landing is painful as he crashes on his left shoulder with a gasp. The breath is knocked out of him and he chokes on dust for what seems like an eternity. Then the pain comes rushing back and he's blinded, screaming and kicking as he holds onto his left arm with the strength he has left. Jungkook isn't sure if he passed out, but he opens his eyes at some point without realising that he had closed them. He looks around, desperate for a sign. His dry eyes lock on the hand of a man sticking out from under the debris. He throws up almost instantly.

Jungkook screams at the silence that swallows him in this destroyed apartment building. Tears fill his eyes and he's struggling to catch his breath as he spits out. Ironically enough, it seems to be the sound of him giving it all up that stirs Seokjin out from his unconsciousness. At first, Jungkook isn't even sure if he's actually hearing his voice through the wrecked space or if he's making it all up. He really thinks he's lost it, but then the older man calls for him one more time, louder.

"-Kook-ah?"

"H-hyung? Where-"

He finds Jin as soon as he turns around, following his voice. The man is behind him, laying on his back, eyes locked to the ceiling and trying to look back at him as he speaks. Only his upper half is visible -not even all of it, if he's honest. Jungkook can't see anything past his shoulders. He freezes at the sight. Relief and terror crash on him violent waves, pulling him under. Hyung is alive, but hyung isn't ok. Hyung isn't dead, but hyung might die soon. The cycle goes on like a broken record in a broken mind.

Seokjin's POV.

The oldest member turns his head left and right but he can't see Jungkook from directly behind him. He still can't believe that an earthquake destroyed the dorm like that. I hope the others are ok. His thoughts are wandering, imagining the worst and the youngest doesn't sound too good which doesn't help. He's wheezing and he can tell from the little yelps that hiccup their way through his cries that he's in pain. Jin calls for him again and again, and it's only after a few seconds that he hears the ruffle of clothes indicating that Jungkook has heard him and he's moving closer.

When the maknae finally appears in his line of sight, Seokjin's lips part in shock. Jungkook's face and hair are painted grey from the incident and the side of his head is matted in dark blood that runs down his neck. His left arm is bent at a weird angle and the maknae cradles it with his other hand, which has glass sticking out of it. Does he even know? Jungkook's eyes are worried and unfocused, and Jin really wonders if the youngest is aware of his injuries since he's so focused on him.

"Jungkook-ah? Are you-"

"Hyung?"

"I'm here, it's gonna be ok."