Sting Like a Bee

I step out of the house dressed in some athletic wear. I'm wearing a baggy white t-shirt, some black leggings, and a pair of black and white Air Jordans.

Jungkook looks at me when I emerge and smirks but quickly removes it. "Okay, let's go." He tells me and I follow behind him as we walk towards the company car. We step inside and Jungkook and I are sitting in the back.

Jungkook tells the driver where to go and he pulls out of my driveway. We hit a bump in the road and my knee hits Jungkook's slightly. I scoot over a little so that doesn't happen again. He looks over at me and smiles. "My coach is great, he's an amazing teacher." I grin at him nervously. I never even thought about boxing before.

Shortly we arrive and Jungkook exits one side of the car and I step out of the other side. We walk silently towards a smallish gym. It wasn't even labeled; I was surprised that it was even here. It must be kept on the downlow.

Once inside, a very tall man walks over to us. "Jungkook! Glad you're back! Who's this?" He looks at me and Jungkook steps forward. "This is my friend." He gestures his hand towards me and the man smiles. I introduce myself and so does the man. "Hey, my name is Tommy, nice to meet you."

"I want you to teach her a few things Tommy." Jungkook says politely. The man just nods. "Anything for you Kook." He bumps his fist against Jungkook's.

"Follow me miss." Tommy walks over to the corner of the room, and I follow behind him. Jungkook tails us both. Tommy takes my hands into his once we are by a punching bag. "You've got tiny hands, these should fit." Tommy grabs me a pair of boxing gloves and hands them to me. I take them and instantly notice that they are heavier than I'd have expected.

Tommy grabs some white tape next and wraps my knuckles and then wraps around my hands. Jungkook watches us and then decided to wrap his own hands. I look over at Jungkook as he does it. Something as simple as wrapping his hands shouldn't be this attractive. But it definitely was.

Once my hands are taped, I slide on the gloves, and they are a good fit. "Show me your stance." I look at Tommy shocked. I didn't know what I was doing. I just tried to copy boxers I had seen on tv. I stood sideways, my feet about two feet apart, my knees bent slightly and held up my hands. One close to my ear and the other outwards.

Tommy lets out a jolly laugh and claps. I look at him surprised. "That's not actually bad! You just need some tiny adjustments. Tommy squares off my shoulders and pushes one of my gloves a little closer to my chest. "There, now you're ready. Practice on this punching bag, get a feel of the gloves. I'm going to take Kook over here and practice with him while you do that." I nod once and watch as they leave.

They step towards the middle of the room. Tommy puts on some sort of thick mitts and Jungkook slides on his boxing gloves. I watch them for a minute as they begin. Jungkook goes right into it, he's so fast. I'm not even sure how Tommy is keeping up with his punches.

I fan myself lightly with my boxing glove. It was getting hot in here while watching Jungkook box. The way he was standing, the strength and speed. The way his biceps would flex. I had to stop myself from drooling.

Turning around abruptly. I face the punching back and repeat the stance I just learned. I jab my arm straight into the punching back. There's a soft smack as I hit it. Huh. It didn't hurt like I expected it to. I throw another punch, this time curling my arm slightly. The punching bag swings slightly.

I punch it a few more times, hitting it harder each time. I hear an aggravated growl come from behind me and I look over my shoulder. Jungkook has a menacing look on his face, punching at lightning speed. Even Tommy seems to be struggling to keep up. Jungkook's hair is sticking to his wet forehead.

Suddenly Jungkook stops, he bends over breathing heavily

Suddenly Jungkook stops, he bends over breathing heavily. I almost want to go over and make sure he's okay but then he looks over at me. His angry expression dissolves and he gives me a sweet smirk. I turn around quickly and stare at the punching bag. I punch it, harder still.

"Not bad." Tommy told me as he walked over towards me. Once he was beside me, he showed me how to properly punch. "Put the pressure on your right foot, on your toes and twist your hips when you swing. Twist your body in the direction of your punch." He shows me an example. I watch him closely and then try to mimic his form.

I shift my hips with my punch this time, putting my weight on my toes, bending my left leg slightly. I hit the bag harder, and it swings. "Nice! Try it a few times, quickly." I nod and throw three quick punches. Putting some of my frustration into each jab. "Great! You're a natural!" Tommy exclaimed, he seemed genuinely impressed.

The phone of the gym started ringing and Tommy excused himself to go answer it. I kept throwing my punches and was startled when I hear Jungkook speak up behind me. "You really are a natural." I turn to face him; he had sweat running down the side of his face. I felt my face get red. I'm not sure what flustered me more, the compliment or the way Jungkook looked.

"Thanks, it does seem to help with stress." I admit and swing at the punching bag again. I continue to do so, imagining the punching bag is Kye. Stupid Kye, assuming I'm some horrible person who would cheat on him before I would dump him. How dare he think that of me. I punch the bag harder. He took something he knew would hurt me. And then had the nerve to apologize once it was too late.

I can hear Jungkook faintly warning me in the background. "You need to take it easy." My thoughts were overpowering him. The more I thought about how Kye treated me, the angrier I became. And then I applied that anger to my punches.

Throwing another punch, I missed and stumbled, I collapsed down on one knee. Jungkook rushed over to me, he ripped of his gloves and rested a hand on my back. "You okay?!" He asked anxiously, his eyes searching all over my face. I had sweat dripping from my nose as I bent over, trying to catch my breath.

Jungkook took his towel off around his neck and dabbed it on my face, absorbing some of the sweat. I look over at him, he's bent down, almost eye level with me. I stare at his beautiful dark brown eyes, and he stares back. We stay motionless. Each of us seemed afraid to move or break the eye contact.

Suddenly I get lightheaded, and I wobble. Jungkook grabs my shoulders and stabilizes me. His face so close to mine. My breath hitches in my throat as I'm so close I could count his eyelashes.

"Okay guys, sorry about that!" Tommy yells from across the gym and Jungkook and I break our locked-on eyes. Jungkook stands up quickly and wipes his face.