House of Cards

I sit down in the recliner that sits diagonally across from the couch and then immediately stand back up. "Would you like something to drink? I'm sorry, I'm a terrible host." I look down at my feet. "Oh!" Jungkook shakes his head quickly. "I'm fine for now, thank you."

Sitting back down in the chair, I turn on the tv, so it isn't awkwardly quiet. "I've got an idea, let's play Blackjack and every time one of us loses we have to share a fact about ourselves. Sound good?" Jungkook brightly smiled, he seemed to like that idea. "Great idea! I love playing cards!" He was practically bouncing in his seat. I get why we call him a bunny.

"Good! I would like to get to know the real you, not your persona. You." My eyes meet his and a smile slowly spreads across his face. And I could almost swear that his cheeks turned a hint of pink. Or maybe he was just feeling hot.

Digging through the cabinets underneath the tv, I find a deck of cards. I hand the pack to Jungkook, and he takes it from my hands. As he expertly shuffles the cards around, I point to the other end of the couch. "Is it okay if I sit here?" Jungkook grins and nods his head.

I didn't want to crowd him. I know how some ARMY's can be. They would grab them inappropriately and I would never dream of doing that. I sit down at the end of the couch, sitting opposite of him. He turns sideways in his seat, still shuffling the cards.

He was so concentrated; I took this chance to observe his beautiful face. Jungkook was interesting looking. At some angles he would look like a teenager and others he would look like a man. Despite the angle, he was stunning, that much was true.

Jungkook looks up suddenly and catches me staring at me, he smirks for a split second. That's all I see because I dart my eyes down to the couch cushion. He lays out a card for each of us, they are both covered, turned upside down. Then he places a ten of hearts for himself and then an ace of spades for me.

I scoff. What a terrible to start out with. Aces could cause you to easily win or easily lose. I picked up my covered card and looked at it. Jungkook did the same. I had a seven of hearts. Which mean I could make my hand either eighteen or eight. We met eyes and I spoke first, "Stay." He tried to hold back a smile; he was fighting it. Trying to make a poker face I believe but failing in the cutest way possible. "I'll stay as well."

I flip over my seven of hearts and Jungkook flips over his queen of clubs. "Ah! You beat me!" He chuckles lightly. "Okay, spill your TMI then." I think about it for a second. What little snippet of information would I like to tell him. I mention the first thing that surfaces in my thoughts.

"I broke up with Kye." I give him a forced smile, but Jungkook doesn't react. His lips slightly part but then he just nods, pressing his lips back together. "I'm sorry, that was probably the right call." I agree with him. "Yeah, it was. He apologized profusely, but I just couldn't accept it. He acted out without even consulting me. That's not someone I want to date."

Jungkook shuffles the cards as he listens. "I understand, I feel the same way." We both fall silent. He distributes the cards again. Showing for him was a four of hearts. And my card was a jack of diamonds. I peek at my card and it's another ace! I try to contain my smile. I smash my lips together, trying not to smile.

I watch as Jungkook bends down and checks his card. His expression falls for a minute, and he reaches for another card from the pile. He looks at it and throws it down. "Aish, I bust." I giggle slightly. "Your turn then." I tell him and expectantly wait to hear something about him. He was far more interesting than I could ever be.

"I think I want to get a dog." I look at his doe eyes and grin. That was adorable. "You do? What kind of dog?" Jungkook scratches his head with a finger. "I don't know, but a big dog." I laugh a little. "Then get one!" I encourage him and he smiles as he thinks about it. "I want to name him Bam." I giggle at the silly name. It was cute, he looked so happy as he thought about his future dog.

"Let's play another round." I blurt out and Jungkook nods, shuffling the cards quickly again. He lays out the cards. He has a two of hearts showing and I have a king of spades. I check my card and grin as I see another face card. I had a hidden queen of clubs. Jungkook checked his card and pulled another one from the pile. He now showed an eight of diamonds.

"I've got 21, what do you have?" He eyes me and my face falls a bit. "I only have 20, so I guess you win." Jungkook beams and places his hands behind his head, acting somewhat cocky. Some people might have been offended by this behavior, but I knew he was too sweet to be rude.

"I want to go back to school to be a nurse." I tell him my little fact and he nods. "Then go." I scratch the back of my neck and avert my eyes. "It's never that easy." Jungkook stares at me. "We've only got one life; you might as well try to live it how you want." "I guess."

Jungkook distributes the cards once again. And after some revealing and thinking, Jungkook lost this hand. "We seem pretty evenly matched." I tell him, surprised that he's losing at all. He's supposed to be good at everything. But this is a game for luck mainly. And recently, I've been pretty lucky.

"So it seems. Hmm, well I can tell you something interesting. My mom dreamed of gold before I was born." My eyes light up and I open my mouth in a wide smile. "Is that why you're called the golden maknae?" Jungkook chuckles a little bit and nods. "That makes perfect sense. You are kind of golden. So, stay gold, golden maknae." Jungkook grins and his cheeks turn red slightly.

He blurts out a question now. "You said in your last video you don't have any siblings? What about your parents?" I turn my eyes to the floor. Those words stung. My bottom lip quivers. The wound was still too fresh. "M-My parents died in a car crash..."

Jungkook drops his head and slaps his hands together, pointing upwards. "I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to bring it up, please forgive me." He bows deeply. I grab lightly onto his wrist and pull his hands down. Jungkook looks at my hand touching him and then looks at me. I rip my hand away. "It's okay, you couldn't have known."

Standing up quickly Jungkook declares he needs to leave. "I have to get back, I'm so sorry again." He bows and rushes out of the room. I get up quickly and follow him. "Y-You don't have to leave!" Jungkook stops for a second before grabbing the front door handle. "I'll message you tomorrow." 

"