Natsuki Mamoru's Trial

Start from the beginning

*1 minute earlier*

Mamoru looked around himself while sitting against the door. He looked at the walls and noticed something scribbled on them, they were motivational words with drawings on them like Puck.

Mamoru put a hand over his mouth as he giggled slightly before giving a quick sigh while standing up.

Mamoru: Welp, here goes nothing...

He walked forward, a wave of dizziness and exhaustion suddenly came over Mamoru as he took another step forward and fell to the ground.

For a moment everything was dark, silent and lonely around Mamoru, but as he opened his eyes he saw the beautiful night sky above him.

He then looked forward as a familiar building was sitting infront of him. The young Mabeast chuckled to himself before muttering something to himself.

Mamoru: There wasn't really another option, was there?

The building infront of him was the mansion owned by Roswaal, the one he currently lived in. Despite there being no diffirence between this mansion and the actual mansion, Mamoru already knew when this trial is taking place.

???: Throughout life, a person experiences events, situations, difficulties that may satisfy them, annoy them or make them feel nothing but regret.

Mamoru turned to the voice behind him, he knew that voice all too well, it was his own voice after all.

Behind him stood the person that looked exactly like him, at first glance, they were the same too. They looked exactly the same, wore the same clothing, have the same voice, but there was one difference that made these two so different.

Who they were at their core, what kind of person they were. That was the true difference between these two.

The difference between the Warlock of Envy and Natsuki Mamoru.

Warlock of Envy: You on the other hand, haven't experienced much in your life, you're barely two months old anyway. So it's rather surprising that in such a short span of time, you have something to regret, a memory you despise so much that you'd rather forget it ever happened.

Mamoru stared at his counterpart with annoyance present on his face.

Mamoru: I would have prefered it if Mother was the one who was my guide in this trial.

The Warlock looked at his own counterpart with an amused smile.

Warlock of Envy: It would have also been more pleasant if my b- Father didn't have to die every so often, but the world is never nice to anyone.

Mamoru raised his eyebrow as he thought he heard his counterpart stutter, but eventually he shrugged and he laughed slightly as he remembered a certain Sword Saint currently in the capital of Lugunica, a being so loved by the world he had been granted enough Divine Protections to be called "strongest" or atleast close to it.

Wordlessly, Mamoru started making his way to the mansion with the Warlock following behind him.

Warlock of Envy: Hm? I'm supposed guide you through the trial, ya know?

Mamoru ignored the Warlock as he entered the mansion, he looked around and saw that all of the lights were out, he took a left as he already figured where he needed to go.

As much as Mamoru would have liked to walk in silence, the annoying Warlock seemed to have other ideas.

Warlock of Envy: I'm surprised that our Father suggested for you to take a trial. You guys aren't exactly made of time. Ya know, considering the whole Archbishop situation back at the mansion.