Chapter 16- "Let the water guide you"

Start from the beginning

We walked past all the cots, one he might have recognized as one he had called his own at some point. Months ago. I dragged him down another set of steps, walking past cannons and barrels of gun powder, leading down to a third set of sets. He shook a little in my grasp, but again I didn’t even acknowledge it. We reached the correct floor, the windows looking out at just above sea level. A curly head of hair stood up straight, looking at us in a mix of confusion, fear, and wonder for the lad that could be his doppleganger. I stopped in front of an empty cell, letting go of Harry and finally looking at him. I took in the way his face had become more angular, his jaw able to cut something probably. I saw how his eyes only shined very little, and how he looked older and more tired than when he had so happily left. I ripped the damned red coat off of him, throwing it to the ground, and then whistled.

Killer, the cute little Siberian husky that held the keys came running, happily handing me the keys as I pet him on the head. I unlocked it, pushing Harry into the cell and locked it, handing Killer the keys and watched as he trotted back to his little bed and lied down. I glanced at the pair, on opposite sides and several cells apart from each other, raising an eyebrow as to test if they would complain. Brad looked down, a clear sign of submission, and I didn’t glance at Harry again. My chest hurt, just from glancing at him and realizing that he wasn’t mine. He didn’t want to be here, and he had played us. I would show him how greedy and selfish we truly could be.

“I would suggest getting comfortable, it’s a long trip.” I hissed, before turning on my heel and walking back up the steps. I heard a soft sigh, and almost whimper and I recognized it as Harry’s but I didn’t turn or even acknowledge the fact that I had heard it. Instead, I walked up the three sets of stairs and onto the deck. I looked out onto the sea, only seeing a small column of smoke in the far distance and I nodded with a smirk at the good job that the crew had done. I sighed, realizing I couldn’t hide from my problems forever, well, actually I could but it wasn’t the suggested route.

I jogged up the steps and up to the small deck where we planned on where we would go. I walked over to the table, keeping my eyes on the sea because I truly didn’t want to see the damage. I didn’t want to face the fact that I had singlehandedly ruined any chance at a semi normal life, any chance at freedom from this blasted curse. I didn’t want to face the fact that I had let the crew down, the one thing I had feared I might do, the one thing I wanted to avoid. Unfortunately, fate was one cruel mistress.

But not all the time.

When I finally built up enough courage to look at the map I was surprised to say the least. It was dry, no sign of it actually being wet in the first place. Not only that, but it was also in better condition than it was when we first got it, which was even more shocking. I looked down at it, and on it there was a series of landmarks. First one was a circle of tall towering rocks surrounding an island with a small fountain on it. And from there, a dashed line took us across the sea to another island, with towering mountains, a star right at the tallest peak. I guess that was our next destination, although I had never seen an island there before, so this journey would be quite interesting.

“Where to Capt’n?” Cal called, Zayn walking up beside me and gripping my shoulder with a reassuring hold.

“North.” Was all I yelled, but it had a tone of happiness. “Freedom here we come.”

_____________

It’s so short and I’m so sorry but hey, things are going to get a little- erm- fun.

What do you think of Harry finally being back?

Is he happy, scared, sad, worried? What is he feeling?

Is Harry still angry?

How are the crew feeling with Harry back? How about Niall, Louis, Ziam?

What will meet them at the next clue? Remember the hint?

Is Harry important to finding the elixir?

Will this story end happily or sadly?

Will they find the elixir? Will it actually work or will it make them truly immortal?

What do I have up my sleeve that is making me so excited about the next few chapters?

Will Narry come together, or will there be tension because of the past?

Why is Harry a redcoat?

What will happen with Harry and Brad?

So. Many. Questions.

Real life question of the chapter:

What is the one place you’d like to visit before you die?

Dedication to the commenter that:

Can guess one of the places I would really like to go (hint* accepting three answers*)

OR

The class I disliked the most in school?

130 comments for an update by Monday?

Xx Val

[The more comments, the faster I’ll update]

~I feel like I get repetitive in these little notes, but it really is something I want you all to remember. It’s something I want to drill into your heads. You. Are. Perfect. I never want any of you to feel any less of yourselves, never want you to feel alone or unloved. Never want any of you to think that there isn’t a reason to live, a reason to keep moving forward in times of distress, in times where you don’t think there’s anything better. There is, everyone has so much potential, everyone has a reason to live and something to accomplish. Everyone has a friend, even if they don’t know it. I hope you all know that I’m someone you can come talk to if you need it, or even if you just want to make a new friend. Just message me, post on my wall. Anything. You’re all amazing, you all will do amazing things. You can all move mountains. Don’t feel like your chasing after the wind, feel like you’re riding on the back of it, enjoying the breeze and the view it gives you.~