L.A.

Maddy

The drive down to L.A. is only about an hour and thirty minutes. We still decide to meet up early so that we could get to the house, unpack, take a small power nap, and then wake up and go to eat at a nice restaurant for breakfast. It's only 5:30 am and I yawn as I grab my suitcase from the backseat of my car. It's only six of us coming on this trip so we decided to take two cars. Valdez's and Cgc's. Nova spent the night here last night, so they're only waiting on me.

I had trouble getting out of bed since I slept around 3:30 am. I stayed up late on the phone with Xander who couldn't sleep so he kept me up with him. I only finally hung up whenever I heard light snores from the other end of the line. I'm still only half awake whenever I finally make it to the boys' house. I might take a nap on the way over since there's no reason to be awake anyway and I won't be driving.

I knock on the door lazily and only wait for a couple of seconds until Rhys finally opens the door. "Hey." He's still shirtless, his long, blonde hair messy like he just woke up. I offer him a small smile and step inside. When I make it to the living room, only Xander sits on the couch, distracted by his phone. It's not like I can run up to him and start making out with him. I drop my suitcase near one of the couches as Rhys returns upstairs. The sound of my suitcase hitting the floor catches his attention. His eyes flit up to me and he winks.

I try hard to not smile. I've never had a secret hook-up before. Especially not with someone who I'm supposed to hate. We talked on the phone last night about what we'd do on this trip since well, we can't really act the way we have been for the past week. We're not saying anything to our friends about our newfound hookup, so we decided to just act as we'd usually act. That's fine with me since acting like I despise Xander isn't anything new to me. I'll just make it up to him somehow whenever we're alone.

I don't even think we'll get another chance to be alone for the next week though.

My eyes flit up to the stairs, seeing nobody in sight. I'm sure everyone's still last-minute packing. I'm wearing some slides, instead of my usual heels, so my light feet don't make as much noise. I walk over to the couch Xander's on and pull him up. He allows it and I see the surprise in his eyes. I'm risking getting caught just for a simple touch. His lips pull up regardless and I bring his head down with my hands, kissing him.

His large hands find my ass easily, pulling me closer to his body which also happens to deepen the kiss. I don't like Xander in any more way than I just want to fuck this dude but I think I'm going to miss kissing him. The sound of a door opening makes both of us pull away. I find my way quickly to the couch that's across from the one he was sitting at. I lay my head down on the back on the couch, pretending like I didn't just kiss Xander. Cgc pops into the kitchen —which is visible from the living room and vice versa—already dressed.

"Hey, Mads," he says. I throw up a peace sign, still acting like I'm only half awake. After that kiss from Xander though? I'm wide awake. Cgc grabs a bottle of water before disappearing again. I look towards Xander, who's looking at me. "We can't go in the same car," I say, my voice low just in case. "I'll go with Cgc, you go with Nova," he says. "Unless you want to ride with Cgc and Rhys, I'll be the third wheel," he adds before I can answer. Ugh, I don't think I want to be a third wheel even if I am only planning on sleeping. That's if I can even go back to sleep now.

"I'll ride with C and Rhysie," I tell him. He looks at me for a couple of seconds before only nodding. Heavy footsteps — multiple footsteps — start down the stairs. I don't think Xander wanted me to ride with Cgc and Rhys for some reason, but it's too late to say anything now. The rest of our friends appear with their respective belongings down the stairs. "Who's riding with me and Rhys?" Cgc announces. Xander speaks before me, "I'm riding with the love birds." He stands up and picks up his bag. "Alright, let's go Mads." Cgc takes a bite from the red apple in his hand as he starts walking towards the door.