Epilogue

Two Years Later

Movement and child-like laughter made Celia's eyes open and brought her out of her slumber. She only had to turn her head slightly to her right to see what the source of it all was. A smile formed on her face as she watched Tommy, who was in the middle of lifting their two year old daughter over his head as he smiled up at her, making noises like an airplane would.

"Again, daddy!" Eden Rose Shelby exclaimed in between her fits of giggles.

"Not anymore, love. Daddy's arms are tired," Tommy told her, placing her down on his chest, his hands covering her back fully as he held the little girl against him.

"You can't do it as much as you used to," Celia finally spoke, making Tommy turn his head to her, a smile forming on his face.

"She's not as small as she used to be, even though she still thinks she is," Tommy replied to his wife, who laughed at the second half of his statement. "Happy to see you're finally awake," he said then, wanting to give her a kiss, but with their daughter still wiggling around on his chest, he settled for reaching over and brushing the hair out of her eyes.

"Was she screaming for us this morning?" Celia asked, glancing down at the child as she spoke. For the past few weeks, Eden had been screaming for them the second she woke up. Nobody but her parents were able to quiet her down, even though just about everyone tried.

"No. She was in our bed," Tommy corrected, making Celia's eyes widen slightly, "just about rolled on top of her when I was looking for you," he said then.

"I told you she needed a bed," Celia stated, a smug grin on her face. The times where Eden wasn't screaming for her parents, she was expertly scaling the sides of her crib and going out to explore the halls of Arrow House. Celia was lucky that they had very loving staff on hand that have at times escorted her back to her room and have even kept her occupied. That's, of course, when she wasn't breaking into her parents room...like she had done today.

"And she'll get one...when she gets a bit bigger," Tommy responded, his response making Celia sigh. He was opposed to getting his daughter a 'big girl' bed. She was still a baby in his eyes.

"Thomas," Celia sighed. Her voice must've been louder than usual because it made Eden turn to look at her, an excited expression on the little girl's features.

"Mumma!" she exclaimed, scrambling out of Tommy's arms to jump into her mother's.

"Hello, Edie-bug," Celia smiled, accepting the sloppy kiss that her daughter gave her. "Where're you going, Tommy?" she frowned as she bed dipped next to her.

"To my office. I have to get some business done before the event later," he told her, trying not to let her frown get to him as he moved over to her side of the bed.

"Please get it finished before it gets too late. I will not be hosting this party with you while you have business on your mind," her tone was strict, and it made him nod as he kneeled on the bed so that he could be closer to where she was still laying. Their bed was so big that they practically slept in the middle of it. It was beautiful though. Celia loved to sprawl out in it, when she wasn't curled around Tommy, of course. It felt like she was sleeping in the clouds.

"I will. I promise," he told her, moving the hair away from her cheek so that he could kiss it before he pressed his lips to hers. He then kissed his daughter's hair before he moved to stand up once more.

"I have to go into town soon," Celia stated then, watching as Tommy moved around the room. He put a pair of trousers on before he pulled a cotton shirt over his chest, pulling the suspenders up to rest on his shoulders then.