Chapter 18

Celia and Tommy became inseparable in the weeks after their trip to America. They just couldn't seem to keep their hands off each other. Even after Grace called Tommy on the day before they were set to leave, telling him that she wanted to meet each other so that they could 'catch up', and also so that she could explain her son to him. Tommy told her that he had no interest in meeting her and that over the phone was as good a way as any to have her explain herself. Turns out that Clive also had a man named Thomas who was an influential figure in his life. Grace went with it...she never really got over Tommy and used the name as a form of closure. The call finished with her once again attempting to get him to meet her. Tommy rejected the offer again. His love for Celia was stronger than his desire to get answers to the questions that this woman left him with a few years ago.

Now back to Tommy and Celia being unable to physically separate themselves from each other. One moment between them that stuck out in Celia's mind regarding the topic was when Lizzie walked in on them while they were in his office.

Celia had been able to leave the tailor's early one day, so she decided to go see what Tommy was up to. She made her way to the betting shop, greeting the men at the door as she walked past them, because they now knew who she was and no longer gave her a fuss. She then moved back to the offices before going to knock on Tommy's door, not even bothering to address Lizzie, who was sitting there with a glare on her face.

"Come!" he called for whoever was outside, signalling to Celia that she could enter the room. Tommy's eyes lit up once he saw her, his partner being the last person he was expecting on the other side of the door. "Hello, Celia," he smiled as he greeted her.

"Hi, Tommy. How is your day going?" she asked him, going to sit in one of the chairs that were across from his wooden desk.

"It's just gotten better," he remarked, making her cheeks heat up, "how come your here right now?"

"Walter gave me the go ahead to leave early. Figured I'd come drop by and see how things were going before going back to my apartment," she responded to his question, a smile on her face. "Have you been busy?" she asked him then.

"Fairly. A bunch of paperwork just came in, so I've been playing catch up," Tommy responded, his eyes trained on Celia as she stood from the chair to move over to where he was sitting.

"Is there any way I could help you?" she questioned, a glint in her eyes as she focused on him.

"I can think of a few ways," he nodded with a smirk. Celia knew that none of those ways actually involved the paperwork.

"Tell me how I can help you," she rephrased her previous statement, moving even closer to him.

"Come here," he breathed, motioning for her to come to him, and she listened sitting astride his lap then. His hands went to rest on her thighs as hers sat on his shoulders. "Better," he whispered as he tilted his head to look up at her, their lips meeting shortly after. Celia moaned into his mouth as their lips met, making him grunt underneath her before he stood up with her in his arms, sitting her on his desk then. She kept her hands fastened to his shoulders then as he bunched the material of her skirt up around her hips, giving him access to what he needed. She whimpered as his lips moved to her neck, his kisses creating a fire under her skin, increasing her need for him.

"I've got some of that paperwork finished like you asked, Tommy, I just need you to, oh..." Celia and Tommy were so engulfed in each other that they didn't hear the door to the office opening, or his secretary stepping in. In fact, it wasn't until she gasped that Tommy pulled his lips away from Celia's now exposed chest.

"Can't you fucking knock before you come into me office, eh, Lizzie?" Tommy snapped, frustration in his voice.

"I don't usually knock, Mr. Shelby," Lizzie responded, and Celia didn't have to look at her to hear the jealousy in her tone.