Chapter 18: A Mystery Revealed

Crystal:

Flying. It gives me a wonderful sense of freedom. Up here in the clouds, I can think much more clearly than in that stuffy meeting room.

Man, I sometimes forget that the realms of Frozen and Tangled are in the same dimension. The meeting of the two barely happen. As for Jack Frost and Elsa? Sorry to burst your bubble, but they've never met here. But that shouldn't stop you from believing otherwise. You have a friend who's a Jelsa fan? There's an 85% possibility. There are hundreds of fanfiction realms concerning the meeting of Elsa and Jack. Some of them have even got their personalities 100% right.

'SMACK!'

A snowball. Why am I always hit with snowballs? I went down to find the culprit and landed in the courtyard of Arendelle castle. It was an ice skating rink again.

"Hi, Crystal!" Anna waved, balancing herself with one of the fountains.

"Hello, Anna. Where's your sister?"

"She's inside, talking to the king and queen of Corona, a neighboring kingdom."

"Oh, I see." I began to walk towards the gates.

"Are you leaving already?" Anna asked, skating up to me.

I gave her a small smile. "I'm going to visit your parents' graves."

"Oh, okay. We visited two hours ago. Right now, I'm waiting for Kristoff. He ran off with Sven somewhere."

"I'll see you later then." I said before taking flight.

"Okay! Bye!"

~

I kneeled down in front of the graves but didn't say anything. I was never good with words of sympathy... or misery.

"Hello there." I looked up, startled. It was the Queen of Corona.

"Your Majesty." I stood up and bowed.

The Queen sat down and patted the spot beside her. As I sat down, she gestured towards the gravestones and said "The Queen was a dear friend of mine. The King too. They were on their way to Corona when they died. They said they had something to give us. A wedding gift for Rapunzel and Eugene. A gem of great value, they said. A pity they died that way."

"Yeah." I said. "Wait, a gem of great value? Your Majesty, do you know what kind of gem it was?"

"I'm afraid not. Why do you ask?" she replied.

"I was simply curious, Your Majesty." I said, hiding my excitement. "It is the fifteenth of February, is it not? Rapunzel and Eugene's wedding anniversary will be in a week."

"Ah, yes. Rapunzel wanted to be married during the month of Valentine." She launched into a story about the wedding preparations. My distraction worked. I was not exactly concentrating on the story, but on the fact that we may have found another gem for the Omnistone.

"I do wonder how Pascal and Maximus got so dirty. They certainly won't be able to tell us though." The Queen finished.

"Yes, of course. Um, excuse me, Your Majesty, but I must get going. Thank you for your time." I bowed again.

"Please, Crystal. No need to bow." The Queen said. "Farewell."

I waved one last time and flew up towards the clouds.

~

I created a visual screen on a stratus cloud and sat on the big cumulus cloud beside it. The clouds see everything. Maybe I can find out more through them. A vision of the ocean appeared. I rewound the vision like a video until I reached the day of the storm. Hmm... the storm appeared without warning. That means something or someone had caused it.

I tried to see the boat up close, but to no avail. That's the thing with clouds. Having gotten used to the vicious water cycle, they barely have interests in what's below or above them, depending on where they are. They just live the moment. 

Guess I'll have to check with the stars. They can see much better than the clouds despite their distance. I found that out after watching the movie 'Stardust'.

I launched myself upwards, heading towards outer space. Exiting the Earth's atmosphere, the wind stopped carrying me. I floated through space, concentrating on keeping a thin shield of oxygen around my head.

Having gone far enough, I slowly approached a nearby star and talked to it telepathically. It couldn't have done otherwise anyway. 'I need visual information on the storm that happened four years ago in the ocean near Arendelle.'

'And what will you give me in return?' The star asked expectantly. Geez, who knew stars liked material stuff?

'Um, this is kind of an emergency. A life and death thing. Can't you just... give it to me,uh, sir?' I pleaded.

'All the more reason to give me something with high value, child. You cannot get anything without having given something first.' The star replied calmly. Why I oughtta

I exhaled through my nose. My oxygen was running out, at least I think that was the reason I had a slight difficulty breathing. Time for some quick thinking and...fibbing. 'Well, I know this astronomer dude. I could pull some strings here and there, and then boom. How does fame and fortune sound to you?'

The star remained silent for a few moments as if contemplating my offer. 'You will get the information you need, but beware the horrors in store.' 

There was a bright light and an orb of some sort of wispy, white substance appeared in front of me. Heh, that deal works with everyone, even stars. 'Thank you.' I bowed before rushing back to Earth with the memory in hand.

'Wait, won't you need my name, location and' The rest of the star's words were lost as I reentered Earth's atmosphere and let the wind carry me once more. 

I took in a mouthful of oxygen as I created a portal. The Traveler Realm will have everything I need to check out the star's memory, including peace and quiet.

A/N: I know this is short, but Crystal will return to Arendelle soon enough. For all those Jelsa fans, don't get mad and start screaming "Jelsa is real! It'll happen!" I have a friend who's a Jelsa fan and I'm creating a chapter just for her... but you'll have to wait before seeing it since it's a few chapters down (sorry!)

So, apparently the storm that caused the King and Queen's death was not natural. That means... someone or something caused it. Any guesses as to how it happened?