we'll meet again

I sat down next to the gravestone, letting the wind pass me. It was peaceful.

The death affected everyone negatively, especially Wilbur. He would go to the grave every day to play a song for them. I felt bad seeing him mourn.

He was hurting, and everyone knew that.

I took a deep breath, enjoying the breeze alone. The sun was going to set, so it's a wonderful timing. Speaking of timing, here's Wilbur with his guitar.

Wilbur wore what he usually would, but he looked like he had been crying a lot. His hair was messier and matted, so it was obvious that he wasn't showering. His dark circles seemed to get darker everyday.

Seeing him in this state made my heart sink. I knew he was sad, but I never realized it was this bad.

Wilbur slowly sat down in front of the gravestone, placing his guitar on his lap. Silence filled the air, the only thing that could be heard was the wind. He took a quick look at the stone and smiled.

A smile. Something I have been wanting to see from him. Is he finally healing?

"Hello my love.." Wil says softly. "You must be annoyed of me by now." He chuckles, putting a smile on my face. "I have another song for you! I know you'll really like this one.." he clears his throat, getting ready to sing while his fingers align in the right chords of the guitar. I shuffled, getting ready to hear Wilbur's angelic voice.

" We'll meet again. Don't know where. Don't know when. But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day.. "

​​​​​​Wilbur coughed, I could see some specks of blood leave his mouth. "Was Wilbur sick?" I think to myself. I was so concerned about Wilbur's health, but I couldn't do anything about it; no one could. When offered help, Wil would push people away claiming he was "fine".

I sat in silence, I didn't want to say anything.

"I'm sorry darling, I haven't been feeling well lately." he says with a forced smile. He coughs once more, this time much worse. He pushes his guitar away, and puts a hand stomach. I wanted to help but I was stuck in place, I felt stuck. I was stuck..

He finally stops coughing, but he was out of breath. He collapsed on the ground right next to the grave, breathing heavily. He closes his eyes and rests his hand on his stomach, looking peaceful.

"I guess I was right." he lets out a chuckle. "We will meet again.."

And with that last sentence, Wilbur died a peaceful death. Right next to my grave.

He mourned for me, more than anyone else. He loved me and I loved him too. It sad to see him leave, but we'll be together again, and that's all that matters.

(this was also written by notjadex!)
https://www.quotev.com/notjadex