cafe (coffee shop AU)

The bell rang at the front door of the small cafe in London (I believe Wilbur lives there currently), containing only two workers, a female with black hair and dark brown eyes and chubby black glasses known as Y/n (actual description of my appearance), and another female with short brown hair and green eyes, known as Lia (BEST FUCKIN FRIEND B] )

They worked together while attending two different collages, both working five hours after their classes to muster just enough time to study and do their homework while eating to save time.

Y/n was short and was an ambivert. She considered herself a normal person with a complicated personality. She wrote on this website, she doesn't think anyone has heard of it. It's called.. er... Quotev???  Yeah that one. She was an artistic person, but claimed her drawings were horrible. She also likes Minecraft and reads fanfiction based on the server called the Dream SMP. She shows her affection with gifts, hugs, and pep talks. Real normal, huh?

Lia was your local weeb, enjoying manga and anime when ever she can (totally not in the back of the cafe). She is a total introvert and is nice but will fucking destroy your ankles if you mess with her. She is the average height for her age and is pansexual. Y/n's nickname for her is anime freak.

Who stood in the doorway was a freakishly tall man with brown wavy hair, round gold glasses, a dark blue coat, a dark red beanie, a grey shirt, and black jeans.

Y/n scrambled to turn off her phone which sat on the counter, which was her playing her playlist on Spotify.

"S-sorry!" She said, quickly turning it off.

The man chucked slightly, "It's alright, you can turn it back on." His voice seemed to be very soothing.

She grabbed her phone and turned on the same playlist and turned down the volume.

"So," Y/n said as she grabbed her notepad, seeming to be ready to take his order. "What would you like?"

"Can I have a Latte please?" He asked while pointing at the choice on the menu.

"Coming right up!" She said cheerfully. Y/n didnt exactly like her job, but she likes talking to her customers.

Y/n hummed to "Boys will be bugs" on her playlist while making the latte before the man spoke again.

"You know, if you are good at humming, you're usually good at singing right?"

Her face had a slight bit of blush at the compliment. "I didnt"

"Do you want to try?" He said "I can sing with you!"

She stood still, trying to think if she should or not.

Y/n looked back at the male, who was smiling calmly. She turned back quickly as her face flushed.

"Sure."

Y/n grabbed her phone from the counter and skipped to the next song, which was One Day by LoveJoy (IT CAME ON MY PLAYLIST RIGHT WHEN I WAS TYPING IT LMAO-)

She shook while the solo started, waiting for her time to start

The man seemed to flitch slightly, but Y/n dismissed it. It was probably her taste in music.

And stop
'Cause why'd you have to kill my cat?
Why'd I have to take you back?
And time and time, I play the empath
I don't know why
But some lights on in an empty pub
A toilet with the seat left up
Is closure like a deer in headlights
The males eyes widened at her amazing voice, which seemed to be able to go both high and low. He assumed it was his time to join the song
One day, I know that you will be there
One day, I'll focus on the future, maybe
One day, oh baby, isn't life so
Fucking inconsistent?
One day, I know that you will be there
One day, I'll focus on the future, maybe
One day, oh baby, isn't life so
Fucking inconsistent?
Their two voices blended in perfectly in sync. Their heads bopped in unison while Y/n was getting the male's drink

She said, "Let's talk about what I want to do"
'Cause all I want to do is turn back time
At least a couple Tuesdays
To before I found one life turn two
I said it last time
But I'm not afraid of empty rooms
I'm not afraid of new perfume
And, in fact, my dear, I'm fucking terrified
One day, I know that you will be there
One day, I'll focus on the future, maybe
One day, oh baby, isn't life so
Fucking-
"Y/n what the fuck I'm trying to read my manga-" Lia's eyes widened at Y/n's amazing voice.

"HEY WHY DONT YOU SING TO ME LIKE THAT?!" She said in disbelief and turned to the male figure "Now, who the fuck are you??"

Y/n's cheeks flushed in embarrassment, "This is a customer that asked me to sing, he's.. er-"

"Wilbur."

"Yeah, Wilbur." She swore she knew the name, but she waved it off.

"Wilbur, this is Lia" Y/n said with her cheeks still bright red.

"Y/n, is this your boyfriend?" Lia gasped

"NO-" Y/n turned to Wilbur, who's face was bright red.

Y/n covered her face with her hands, "I am.. so sorry."

She grabbed the slightly-less-warm latte from the counter and gave it to him.

"Here, on the house." Y/n smiled

"Oh thanks," He said as he walked to a table with his bag around his shoulder.

Y/n dragged Lia behind the counter and whispered to her "Lia what the fuck?!"

"Sorry sorry" She mumbled as she walked back to her chair in the back to do what ever anime shit she does.

Y/n glanced at Wilbur who seemed to be scribbling something down on a piece of paper.

He walked up to her and handed her some cash and a slip of paper. "Here." He said as he walked away.

"But I said it was on the hous-" Y/n glanced at the paper

Here's my number if you want to sing some day :) : xxx-xxx-xxxx

-Wilbur Soot