20

CHAPTER TWENTY ;
GOTTA BLAST

ACT TWO ;
WINDSWEPT CITY

The next day went on as usual

The next day went on as usual. Helping a few people with minor situations and getting mora for it, only to spend it on more grape juice.

However, I couldn't get that facy halted man out of my head.

Whenever I'd close my eyes, I'd just see his silhouette — like a ghost.

Now, my past experience of the best employee at a funeral parlor didn't add up to nothing and I knew for sure that he wasn't a ghost.

but he WAS suspicious.

I was tempted to ask Diluc or his scary brother but both of them weren't there to witness it and I wasn't the best at retaining details.

So I figured I'd just stalk every person with a mask on!

A lot of them lurked near the HQ of the Knights or church I had found. It was quite unusual considering the ones in liyue would stay near the bank instead of stopping around citizens business.

Talking about citizens, they definitely had a big distaste for the fatui.

I was helping an elderly gentlemen carry a crate of apples for god knows what and the whole time he was on about how 'those pesky fatui never know when to quick. I can't wait until I'm gone so I don't have to deal with this anymore!—"

but hey, money.

I had found the two who had practically trembled at the mere sight of the purple jellybean when he looked in their direction and had followed them the most.

Nothing was exactly interesting, they sure did enjoy preaching about how scary the harbingers were though.

'maybe I should do some old fashioned interrogation'

I thought to myself as I hid behind a corner of a house. The sky was dark, further aiding me in hiding.

"I think I've located them" the woman in the long coat said. She wore a large hood over her head and carried what looked to be q lantern.

The man in front of her nodded, he was a lot more plain looking with a beige coat with some fur in it.

"We better get them to the balladeer soon, I'd hate to be his punching bag again—"

"Jerald he literally used me as a door mat for a week, shut the fu—" another plain looking girl started until the one with the hood suddenly lifted her hand up.

"Hush your useless quarrelling, we must get the traveller and his friend fast, they're not just gonna walk over to us themselves" and they all scurried off.

I stood in silence for a bit before realisation hit.

"The traveler? THE traveller? Also, who said I was his friend?"

I shrugged and walked off to the Inn where the said no friend haver was sleeping. When I got there, I threw him off the bed.

"wake the fuck up. we've got to go"

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM I'M  SLEEPING— Oh I thought you were Paimon"

I raised my eyebrows in confusion before gesturing towards the door again.

"Seriously, we've got to go"

The blonde hummed in concern with furrowed brows, "why"

"a short angry man is trying to kill us"

"what"

"I don't know"

He got up and grabbed his crusty satchel and we walked out, leaving the key at the desk.

We briskly walked through the quiet streets and out of Mondstadt entirely. We had left a note just before leaving telling the knights (Jean in particular) the circumstances.

Something told me from now on, comfort wouldn't be possible. Just like how it was back home.

﹌﹌﹌

-elsewhere-

"So you've found a letter, hm?"  A refined voice asked.

"Yes" a firm answer as they watched the delicate hand observe the peice of paper.

A sudden sound of frustration and annoyance erupted from the man.

"So they've already caught on, they're not as stupid as I thought they would be I'll give them that..." He trailed off before his grip tightened on the piece of paper, electricity engulfing his palms, completely incinerating it.

"That means all of you were foolish and unprepared. I'm disappointed. Fetch me Jerald, I need something to take my anger out on"

══════════════════

RIP JERALD

the urge to say get the fuck out of my room I'm playing Minecraft was immeasurable, but I have amazing self control obviously.

I don't really know whether I like this chapter or not but oh well!