02

CHAPTER TWO;
COINCIDENCES

ACT ONE ;
NEW LAND, NEW LIFE

"You don't remember very well do you?" My new acquaintance seemed to be in disbelief at my terrible memory and to say that I was unsurprised was an understatement. Though, her bewilderment soon disappeared and she started to become all smiley again. So, whilst she talked my ear off at about how weird I was in general, I studied the tea leaves inside te cup that was handed to me. It wasn't the most interesting leaf I'd ever seen, but I have a distaste for social interaction but there was an upside to it all. I'd forget it all happened in a few minutes anway!

"Y'know, not long ago a traveler stumbled up here too looking for his sister. Though, he did remember everything and isn't so blunt. You should try find him! I bet he would let you tag alongside on the journey and maybe you'll find you home along the way!" The funeral director clapped her hands at her conclusion. She then proceeded to whip out piece of paper from her desk draws and started to scribble down something.

After she dropped the pencil back onto the desk she shoved the paper into my face pretty much forcing me to look up from th very interesting cup of tea. On said paper was a picture of two people. One was significant taller than the other and the other wore very different attire to the other person.

"He!" She pointed to the shorter one with the braided hair, "is with him gathering materials for the Rite of parting!". He then started to aggressively tap the scribble of the taller one, "And he told me that he was treating traveler for dinner!"

"Which means...?"

"WHICH MEANS that you will find these two somewhere in the main city, unfortunately I have business here so you'll have to go alone so you'll have to use this as reference. Think of it as practice for future journeys!" She abruptly stood and walked to the otherside of her desk where I was sitting. She then pulled me out of my seat and started pushing me to the front door.

"But I never said I wanted to meet him."

"No worries! Don't worry about getting lost the broke man will lead you back here when you find them!"

'She ignored me'

Once we got outside she turned around so we both faced the bright lights of what I presumed to be the city.

"Just follow the bright lights and you'll be A-okay! Goodluck [Y/N]!" And with that she slammed the door on me with only a very poorly drawn portrait of two strangers but why...

'Why is there a piece of floating meat in the corner?'

══════════════════

Hu Tao an artist confirmed??????????