17

CHAPTEN SEVENTEEN ;
SKETCHY

ACT TWO ;
WINDSWEPT CITY

"Oh? Well if it isn't the traveller. And what's this? A friend? I thought I was irreplaceable!" A blue haired man with an eyepatch but a hand to his chest dramatically.

I scowled.

'he's like ginger'

"What's with the sour face, Dear? We've never met before I believe—"

"Kaeya" a deep voice came from behind the counter. He had bright red hair and a face that said 'I'm-done-with-this-shit'.

"shut up." He said shortly and then carried on cleaning a glass.

The other just gave a sly smile, "As you may of gathered from my dear brother, I'm Kaeya, you are?"

He smiled with closed eyes.

s u s

"I'm not telling someone like you."

He reeled back in a bit of a shock, probably not expecting such a rude response.

The shock was soon taken over by a friendly smile once again,

"That's okay! I'll probably find out soon anyway!"

He then turned back to another woman who was dressed in a gothic like uniform with a veil and tired eyes.

They both looked very cynical.

"Traveller and... friend, venti is upstairs if you wanna go see him." The grumpy man said, ignoring the very obvious verbal jabs his brother was taking against him.

"Please drink responsibly, Kaeya."

"BUT REMEMBER DAD DIED—"

Aether nodded and pulled on my sleeve to drag me upstairs.

"what the fuck" I slipped and an obnoxious gasp sounded.

"ThaTS nOT a vERy NiCe tHiNg To SaY~" a high pitched voice slurred and young (ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT) boy wobbled over, but fell over a bar stool.

The cause of my shock was the sheer mess, the tables were all knocked over and lots of wine bottles were strewn across  the ground and surviving tables.

'How the hell is this guy not dead?!'

My face most definetly didn't show it, but I was strangely impressed.

"HeLlO TRaVELlEr! AnD LOoK!" A hiccup came from him, "yOu EVEn BROUgHt a PrETTy GiRl!"

He grabbed my shoulders and got super close to my face. I couldn't help but feel my cheeks heat up at the incredibly bold move.

"Hey! Tone deaf bard! Stop being all touchy touchy with a visitor you creep!" The pixie smacked him in the face and he stumbled back.

"EhE~"

"EHE TE—"

"Venti, why aren't you performing today?"

"JuSt" another hiccup, "fInIsHEd My PErFoRMaNce eArLiER"

Aether sweat dropped at the mess of a God and watched as he started to strum his lyre, except it was out of tune and he was so drunk he wasn't make any tune at all.

"I'M stiLl cOmPoSiNg a SoNG aBoUt yO—Ou!" He trailed of until he went silent and was knocked out cold.

"wow." Aether exclaimed, "that was something."

﹌﹌﹌

It was dark and we had walked to the Inn that Jean had booked us with. However, when we got there, we were only given one room key and the room and the bed was a single.

"It's fine, I'm used to not sleeping" I said and the blonde gave a confused expression.

"What does that mean—"

"Goodnight" I cut him off and left the room.

══════════════════