Never Breaking Apart- 4

Magsimula sa umpisa

But these kind of conversations was only possible with them, as others required a vocal reply for their popping queries.
"Abhimanyu, bade papa ka operation?", asked Kairav.

"Operation was a success.", he confirmed.

"Kaisa hai hamara Manish?", enquired Mimi.

"Dadi, filhaal kucch keh nahi sakte, we will have to keep him under close observation for atleast 8 to 12 hours, fir he kucch bata paayege, abhi unhe ICU me shift kar rahe hai aur fir parso normal ward me unhe le jaaya jaayega."

"Beta unhe hoosh kab tak aayega.", another question came from Swarna.

"Badi Maa, aaise cases me hoosh 6 ghanto me bhi aa jata hai aur kabhi kabhi 6 din bhi lag sakte hai, Mr. Goenka hi haalat dekh kar mujhe lagta atleast unhe 2 din to lagege, and its good, rest me pain bhi kam mehsoos hoga."

He knew how difficult it was for a family to hear all these, but being a doctor he was trained to speak out the truth without sugar-coating anything.

"Aap sabko ab ghar jaana chahiye, apme se koi ek yaha rukk sakta hai, usse jayada ki permission mai nahi de pauga. Also, aap sabko apna dyaan dena hoga taki Mr. Goenka ki recovery me aap sab unki help kar sake.", Dr. Abhimanyu instructed.

Even after constant pleading of Swarna, she was asked to go home and rest. Kairav decided to stay back in case of any need.

"Abhi, tum bhi change krlo and have rest, mai sabko ghar bhej dungi.", ordered the doctor's caring wife to which he nodded in a yes.

After sending everyone home and making sure of Kairav's staying arrangement, she went to his cabin.
She hugged him, but didn't allowed herself to cry knowing how difficult it was for him to see her in tears.
"Thank you soo much.", she whispered.

"Thank you ki requirement nahi hai, it's my very first duty as a doctor."

She broke the hug and looked at him.
"Bhot thak gaye hoge, tum rest karo, mai khana bhejwati hu."

He helded her hand,
"Tumhne khana khaya?"

"Abhi, mujhse bilkul khaya nahi jaayega."

He cupped her face,
"Agar tum aaisa karogi, toh tumhari badi Maa aur Mimi ko koun samjhayega."
He always used to make her understand like a kid.

He instructed the staff to bring them food and they ate quietly, as the odd situation demanded.

"Akshu, ghar jao, rest karo, kal aa jana."

"Abhi, mai yahi rukk jaati hu na, tumhare cabin me, mai akele ghar par....ajeeb sa lagta hai."

"Goeanka Villa chali jao, waise bhi sabko waha tumhari jarurat hogi, mai to yahi rukne wala hu, in case of any emergency."

She hesitated at first but finally gave in.
He asked Neil to drop her safely.

The next almost two days were gut-wrenching for a lot of people.
Akshara would console the entire family, making sure she don't breakdown infront of them.
She was living in the Goeanka Villa and, Abhimanyu was mostly at hospital and would only return to the flat to freshen-up and change his clothes.
She used to make sure that atleast he gets his proper meals, she knew very well that sometimes he used to get so drowned in work that he would not even have his food on time.

She used to stay near her bade papa, would talk to him, sing his favourite songs and even take care of Swarna.
After almost two days he finally opened his eyes, he found it was just his brother Akhilesh and wife Swarna in the room at that moment.
He raised a question,
"Akshu kaha hai, yahi thi na vo, mai jaanta hu apni bacchi ko."