12

Lisa has been looking back and forth at a certain white door and at a certain Australian, whose foot was tapping impatiently on the floor.

They are outside the office of the student council in the administration building, the Thai looking very much uneasy.

"What if she's not here?" she whispers to Rosé who shook her head.

"She's inside, trust me." Because for some reason, Rosé has managed to build friendship with the distant Jennie Kim. Can you believe it? Jennie actually has grown to like her, at least Rosé believes so. They have one thing in common: Their hate for Kim Jisoo.

Rosé often hangs out with Jennie because she knows Jisoo would hate to be around her but not as much as Jennie would hate her around.

It's been five days since they last talked. Two days since she last saw the brunette, who was enjoying a cup of coffee with none other than Hoyeon at the nearby coffee shop. 1 day since she saw Hoyeon enter the coffee shop she works on, with another brunette who isn't Jennie.

She swore Hoyeon was more than touchy with the girl but the moment she recognized Lisa working there, she started distancing herself from the girl and it was so much suspicious that she just hated Hoyeon even more. Hoyeon, who's been rejected twice and should she still be trying to win Jennie's affection, then she deserved nothing but her third rejection.

"Do you want me to tell her to meet you here outside?" Rosé offers. She was just about to hangout with Jennie when she caught Lisa trying to go inside earlier, as if planning some scheme.

Sighing, Lisa shook her head. "Just don't tell her you saw me at all," she said in a resigned voice.

"Wow I didn't expect it's this bad," Rosé looked at her with inspecting eyes, "I mean Jennie looked fine unlike you with the bags under your eyes, crazy hair and wrinkly clothes..."

Lisa winced. She didn't mean to be this distracted for the past five days, but her friendship with Jennie was too much of a loss. It devastated her, but Nayeon couldn't tell on their date last Saturday, thankfully. She even earned a kiss on the lips and another date this coming Friday.

"No offense in that, you know I love you girl," Rosé smiled, "But you two are obviously going through hell because of whatever you fought over. One of you at least needs to lower your pride."

"That's why I'm here," Lisa looks down, remembering the hurt on Jennie's eyes the last time they talked.

"Leaving," Rosé adds.

"Giving her space," Lisa clarifies.

"If you say so," the Aussie smirks.

Pulling her lower lip in between her teeth, Lisa was about to step away from the door when the knob twisted and it was pulled open.

Of course it just had to be Jennie, about to step outside when her eyes met Lisa's wide ones in panic. "H-Hey..."

It only took a second for those feline eyes of Jennie to turn into a glare before the door was slammed close in Lisa's face.

"Maybe you should give her space," Rosé advises with a sorry grin that could only make the other girl pout and leave in defeat.

-

Jennie's chest aches. The look on her eyes were sharp and piercing, but it was her defense mechanism from bigger heartbreaks, which Lisa seems to be good at doing.

If breaking her heart was a sport, Lisa would bag awards for it in Olympics.

So when Rosé followed after her later on, she suggested something she would not normally do on a weeknight.