Chapter 15

It was Tuesday and Lauren left work early to meet Camila at the library.

Camila's face lit up when she saw Lauren waiting outside. She hurried over, giving Lauren a kiss hello.

'Shouldn't you be at work?' Camila signed, letting Lauren loop her arm through hers.

"I should, but pizza and you sounded a lot more fun than another couple of hours stuck behind my desk," Lauren explained, pulling Camila closer.

It started snowing on the way back to Camila's apartment and Camila crossed her arms across her chest to keep herself warm. Lauren realized Camila wasn't wearing her scarf.

"Ah shit!" Lauren cursed, "I still have your scarf at my place."

Camila rolled her eyes, 'It's fine, I have more than one scarf'

"But it's your favorite scarf! And you're freezing," Lauren argued.

'That's because I left my other scarf at home, and it's fine I'll just get it tomorrow' **

They were cuddled up on the sofa under a pile of blankets, eating pizza as they watched another Christmas film. Lauren wasn't really focusing on the film though, instead she was watching Camila, who was captivated by the screen.

Lauren got up off the sofa, kissing the side of Camila's head as she picked up their empty mugs and carried them to the kitchen.

"Coffee of hot chocolate?" Lauren yelled over her shoulder as she pulled the milk out of the fridge. She turned around for Camila's answer and set about making her a hot chocolate, and a coffee for herself.

Carrying the mugs back over to the sofa, she handed Camila one piled high with marshmallows and leant forward for a kiss. They sat there sipping their drinks, and Camila finished off the rest of the pizza.

Her attention wandering again, Lauren reached under the blankets and placed her hand on Camila's knee. Her expression didn't change, so Lauren let her hand slide further up Camila's leg, smirking as she slowly trailed her fingers upwards. Camila turned her head slightly towards Lauren, her eyes still focused on the TV. It wasn't until Lauren's fingers pressed against the skin on Camila's stomach that she pulled her attention away from the screen and pushed her lips against Lauren's.

Lauren rolled them over so that she had Camila pinned beneath her, smiling as she lowered herself down to recapture Camila's lips with her own. Her hands had just made in past the waistband of Camila's sweatpants when Lauren's phone started vibrating on the coffee table. Camila started to turn in the direction of the buzzing, pulling away from the kiss.

"No, leave it," Lauren mumbled against Camila's lips.

The vibrating stopped after a while, and Lauren carried on with her wandering hands. Until her phone started ringing again. Sighing, Lauren sat up, straddling Camila as she reached over to the coffee table and picked up her phone.

It was Ally, and Lauren was annoyed. She knew not to call Lauren once she'd left the office unless it was important, and it had better be really important for her to be interrupting them now.

Camila propped herself up on her elbows, sliding one hands up along Lauren's thigh and disappearing up her skirt. Lauren's face turned serious as she listened to what was being said on the phone, and she stopped Camila's hand with her own.

"Fuck, I'm on my way, don't panic, don't touch anything, I'll be there soon," Lauren rambled, scrambling off of Camila as she hung up. Rushing around the apartment, Lauren gathered her coat, shoes and bag, as Camila stood there confused.