Chapter 8

Sunday was only two days away, but to Camila it felt like forever. She'd spent all Saturday night badgering Sofi and Maggie with questions. They were happy for Camila, and a little bit smug that she was going on a real date with Lauren.

Lauren had to go into the office to finish up some work, so Camila told her she'd meet her there. It was just after four o'clock when Camila entered LJ-Corp. The girl at the receptionist's desk looked up as Camila walked towards her. "Miss Cabello?" she queried, continuing when Camila nodded. "Miss Jauregui has instructed us to let you straight up, her office is on the top floor."

Once Camila made it to the top floor, she stepped out into a small waiting room. The receptionist behind this desk looked up too, "Miss Cabello?" she asked. Camila smiled and walked over. The woman got up, "This way please." She led Camila down the hallway, opening the door at the end.

"Miss Cabello is here to see you, ma'am," the woman said, opening the door wider for Camila to step inside Lauren's office. She was sat behind her desk, her fingers pressed to her temples as she stared at her computer screen. She looked up at Camila when she walked in, a wide smile spreading across her face. Camila was glad to see Lauren had taken her advice and dressed casually for their date.

"Thank you, that'll be all," Lauren directed towards her assistant, as she walked around her desk. Camila held out the bouquet of flowers she was carrying, smiling at Lauren.

"Plumerias!" Lauren exclaimed, as she took the flowers, "these are pretty rare, thank you!" She set them down on her desk as Camila scribbled on the whiteboard.

'I didn't want to get you ordinary flowers when you're anything but ordinary'

Lauren blushed, smiling widely as she ducked her head down shyly. Camila gestured towards the door, eager for them to start their date. Lauren looked like she'd been having a stressful day at work until Camila had shown up. Also, seeing as she was at the office on a Sunday, Camila figured that Lauren worked too much.

"Let me just get my coat and bag," Lauren said, walking over to a built in cupboard. She slipped her coat on, sliding her handbag onto her shoulder. Pulling the door open, she gestured for Camila to go first, following behind her.

"I'm heading off now Ally, I'll see you tomorrow, have a good night," Lauren said as they swept past the receptionist, and got into the elevator. They were silent the entire ride down, sneaking glances at each other and smiling sheepishly when they caught each other. Camila's fingers were itching to reach out and take Lauren's hand. They stepped out of the elevator, Lauren waving goodbye to the staff at the front desk as they walked to the entrance.

Once outside, Camila pointed in the direction they were headed. She felt relieved that things with Lauren were going smoothly so far, she'd been worried that there might've been some awkwardness about the kiss the other night. Feeling brave, Camila laced her fingers with Lauren's, causing Lauren took look up at her in surprise, her lips quirking up into a small smile.

Camila stopped outside an arcade, the windows plastered with posters for games such as bowling, air hockey and laser tag. She faced Lauren, her eyebrows raised and her hands spread in a 'what do you think' gesture. Lauren laughed, "you did say it was going to be cheesy and cliché, but it's perfect."

They wandered inside, and Camila immediately dragged Lauren over to the bowling alley. Trading in their shoes for some bowling ones, they made their way over to their lane.

"I've never been bowling before," Lauren confessed, as she picked up a ball and weighed it. Camila looked shocked, what kind of person had never been bowling before? Lauren picked up on Camila's surprise. "Yeah I know right, my family was more of a golfing or show jumping kind of family."