Chapter 24: Who Is This Man?

Start from the beginning

"Alright, how about we kidnap her and have my boy, Rico, tattoo 'bitch' on her face," Hawk pipes up. Selena furrows her eyebrows and turns her head up to glance at him. "That's too much. Although that happened in a novela, except they tattooed 'puerco' on his forehead, which means 'pig," she voices. Demetri suddenly cuts in, "calm down, Hawk." Selena snorts at the way he says his name. Hawk, on the other hand, doesn't appreciate it. "Alright, I hear how you're saying it, and I don't like it," he retorts. Demetri throws his hands up and looks the other way exasperatedly while Selena laughs. Miguel's heart flutters at the lovely sound.

"Wait, wait, wait," Aisha speaks up, waving her hand. "I've got a better idea, look," she claims, showing everyone her phone, where Yasmine's Instagram story is displayed. "Yasmine's throwing a birthday party at the Canyon later?" Miguel asks as he reads the caption. "Not if we strike first," Aisha states. Miguel, Selena, and Hawk smirk and exchange approving glances while Demetri just sits there indifferently. "Hell, yeah," Hawk voices. Selena knows that "strike first" apparently isn't a good concept according to her father, but it doesn't seem to be so bad in this case. Sure, this is probably a petty move but Yasmine needs someone to finally stand up to her.

[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]

LaRusso Luxury Motors

Rosalía, Daniel, and Johnny stroll through the trade-in lot in search of the blonde's new car. "Okay, choose," Daniel harshly speaks, gesturing to the cars. Johnny scans the lot in distaste. "I thought you sold Porsches," he blurts. "Yeah, right, in your dreams. Just pick one out and get the hell out of here. I don't have all day. What about this one?" Daniel quips as they resume their walk, pointing to a green vehicle up ahead. Rosalía sighs at how they're squabbling already. Although she'd be lying if she said she didn't find it amusing. "Forester? Do I look like a lesbo?" Johnny retorts. The woman rolls her eyes at this. "Oh, my God, I forgot how annoying you were sometimes," she remarks.

"Hey, every one of these vehicles is worth more than that bucket of bolts you were driving," Daniel fires back, clearly irritated. "Bucket of bolts had a lot of memories," Johnny claims as he studies all the cars he passes by. "Sorry about that," Rosalía sympathizes with him, patting his back while Daniel scoffs, "whatever." The woman slaps his tricep, making him snap his head to her. "What?" he innocently mouths while she gives him a pointed look. One vehicle finally catches Johnny's eye. "This one's not half-bad," he voices as he approaches it, the couple following him. "It's a 2009 Challenger," Rosalía informs. "5.8 liter," Daniel adds.

"5.7."

The couple glances up at the blonde in astonishment. "What, you know cars?" Daniel snidely asks. "What kind of man doesn't?" Johnny retaliates, looking at Daniel before his eyes land on Rosalía. She just nods, sending him an impressed grin. "Alright, wise ass. I'll get you the keys and you get the hell out of here," Daniel retorts, pointing behind him. Professionalism flew completely out the window, the woman thinks. "And the test drive?" she pointedly asks, raising her eyebrows at her husband. "Wait, what's wrong with it?" the blonde pipes up at the same time. Daniel shoots him an offended look. "What do you mean? What, do you think I sell lemons?" he questions, taking a step closer to Johnny.

Johnny steps toward him too, pressing his fingertips on the hood of the car. "I don't trust you," he admits, narrowing his eyes. Rosalía steps in between them, setting a hand on her husband's chest to keep him back and facing the blonde. "Okay but you can trust me. I assure you, there's nothing wrong with the car but we will get you a test drive to see how you like it, sound good?" she depicts, nodding her head at him. Johnny darts his eyes to Daniel for a split second before meeting Rosalía's eyes. He may not trust Daniel but he'll always trust her. "Sounds good," he answers. The woman grins victoriously before turning to her husband with a look that says: do it.