Just when I'm about to follow him, my phone rings.

"Hello?" I ask knowing the annoyance is seeping through the line.

"Evelyn! Ciao! I was wondering if you and Dimitri would come over tonight for dinner. I miss you two." Charlotte's high pitched voice rings into my ears.

I should've checked the damn caller ID before I answered.

"Um, I'm not sure. I'd have to ask Dimitri about it."

"Sounds good!" She squawks.

I cringe and hang up the phone. Not even my dad called to invite me over, Charlotte did. He's one sorry excuse of a father if you ask me.

Walking up to Dimitri's room, I come to a halt as I hear his booming voice.

"Trovalo perche se lo faccio, lo uccido prima di ricevere risposta a qualsiasi domanda!" Dominance leaks from his voice.

{Find him before I do, I will kill him before I get any questions answered!}

I freeze in fear of being heard. I don't know what he's saying, but it doesn't sound good.

"Non chiamarmi piu con queste stronzate!" He yells before I hear him throw his phone at the wall.

{Don't call me with this bullshit again!}

Maybe now isn't the time to talk to him, maybe I should just...

"What might you need?" Dimitri swiftly opens his door and catches me.

My mouth bobs like a goldfish without any words falling out.

Dimitri smirks at my inability to move. Asshole.

"Char- Charlotte wants us to come for dinner tonight." A small stutter escapes.

He brings his arm up to the door frame and supports his body weight on it. His muscles flex under my gaze making me want to feel how hard his biceps are.

"We leave at five." His tongue darts out to moisten his bottom lip.

Stop drooling over him Evelyn!

I nod and turn away to lock myself in my room.

Dear Diary,

I have to get these thoughts of Dimitri out of my head. He's not someone I want in my life for forever. This is just a temporary situation that will change whenever I get enough money. Maybe Mark and I can go out tomorrow, maybe that will take my mind off of whatever is going on here. I heard him yelling over the phone, it was all in Italian, so I don't know what was being said, but it sounded serious. He won't tell me anything, he won't answer any questions. I asked him about why he was being so secretive and all he said was omerta then left the room! If I don't get some answers soon, I'm going to go crazy.

I quickly flip back to the page with the small flower I picked from the flowerbed back home. It's starting to become brittle and crack. This is what reminds me of home the most, it can't just wither away. A small wet tear rolls down my face before I wipe it away and close the flower back inside the book.

After placing my diary in the vent, I pull out my phone.

Me

Hey babe. I was thinking about going to see a movie with you tomorrow. Want to make it a date?

I smile and hit send.

As I wait for a reply, I put my hair into a messy bun and hop into a quick shower just to wash my body. I didn't really feel like going out today but, it is what it is, I guess.

The soap bubbles down my legs as I shave. Someone should invent a way to make shaving easier. It takes too long and it's so tedious.

When I'm done, I saunter back to my room to get dressed.

Searching through my clothes, I pull out a pair of medium wash skinny jeans with holes framing my knees and more rips going up my thigh, a tight white shirt that is sleeveless with a sweetheart neckline, some silver bangles to wear on my wrist, and spray a small amount of body spray over it.

The clothing hugs my curves perfectly, making me feel like I'm on top of the world.

My phone pings from the charger on my nightstand.

As I smile, I walk over and see what it says.

Mark

Sounds good to me. Do you want me to pick you up or meet me there?

I take a moment to think. If he picks me up, there is a chance that he could run into Dimitri, that could end badly.

Me

I can meet you there.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

What do you think will happen when Evelyn and Dimitri go to see their parents?