Dawn Of Peril

Explanations for shortcuts:

Y/N- Your name

H/N- Horse's name

italic- your thoughts

Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________

Rhiannon's eyes jolted open.

"Excuse me?"

You walked over to her quickly, almost running from all the happiness you were feeling.

"I can shapeshift!" You grinned.

But Rhiannon wasn't smiling. Her lips formed a straight line, and her eyes were wide, looking concerned.

She stood up quickly, taking you by your shoulders.

"Show me," Rhiannon breathed out, "Right now,"

At this point, you started to get nervous. Wasn't your coach happy? Wasn't she proud that you made progress on your own?

You took a few steps back, and you went off. Your limbs felt like burning, but was a pleasurable feeling, it was meant to be. Your fingertips felt tingly, and the world started spinning. Closing your eyes, purple smoke with pink highlights spread around you.

And once again, your body was covered with white feathers on behalf of you becoming a bird.

Rhiannon was beyond speechless. She was frozen to the ground, her mouth hanging open slightly.

Without thinking much, you transformed yourself back on your command.

"See?" You giggled.

The Druid looked terrified.

Masking fear was a survival essential for the Keepers of Aideen. So much so that you weren't supposed to feel fear as others apparently are. You were meant to process it differently, route it through your prefrontal cortex instead of letting the more primitive brain do the choice-making. You could be damaged by fear. It could cause you harm to your brain and body the same as others. The difference was, it shut them down, it made you more alert, more adept and creative in problem-solving.

That was what you were always told.

But Rhiannon wasn't doing any of that.

The Druid stuttered, "Where did you learn that?"

Her question startled you. You realized you should have thought this through before bursting in here.  However, there was no time for that now.

"Where did you learn it, Y/N?" Rhiannon raised her voice, gaining back her composure slowly.

You took a few small steps back, "A uh-friend of mine,"  Your boyfriend, excuse you, "showed me,"

Mentally slapping yourself for telling the truth, you wished you said something else. Something more unspecified. Something that was a lie.

Rhiannon looked partly scared, partly angry. 

You screwed up.

Suddenly, the word started fading out and seemed to crumble. A light, cold breeze circled around you. A surge of adrenaline rushed through your body as you were pulled through all of the planes of existence at once, all in the blink of an eye.

You could smell a dank scent as you appeared in the Secret Stone Circle. You swayed on your feet from the left to the right, trying to stand steadily after the teleportation. 

As if on command, a group of Druids arrived at the same spot. They made a corridor for Rhiannon and you to walk through. Her chin was high up, the authority was radiating from her.