Spell

Explanations for shortcuts:

Y/N- Your name

H/N- Horse's name

italic- your thoughts/when the reader is in a dream

Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________

"What?!" You shouted and looked at Avalon in disbelief.

In case his words were genuine, this could get you in great trouble. Both you and Ydris. You wondered if he knew about this. You assumed he was aware that a lot of people wouldn't likely be familiar with this spell, but whether he signified it in solidarity or judgment, you couldn't tell.

Probably just like Avalon or Rhiannon, you were partly horrified, partly curious. 

Partly relieved, because this meant that it was no longer a mystery why no one has come across this sorcery. 

Only Pandorians were able to use this kind of magic. If Ydris wasn't among them, maybe he knew them, or he knew someone close to them. No one from the Keepers of Aideen was a stranger to what happened to their home, but always before it's been a rumour that Pandorians are still present. Never a fact.

Rhiannon turned to you. "Y/N, what's that all about?" 

You wipe suddenly damp hands against your sweatshirt and come closer to the two. You took a long breath and steadied yourself for explanations you didn't have. 

"I-"

"No, don't say anything," Rhiannon leaned closer. "Show me what you can do,"

And with that, she handed you an apple.

"-What?"

"I'm sure you know how to do the spell," Rhiannon narrowed her eyes.

You swallowed. "No, I don't"

"Try again,"

You hesitated. It's not that you didn't want to get to the bottom of this, it's that you wanted it so much you were scared to mess it up. It's easy to see why people have respect for her. It's not just her job. When her attention is so focused, it's hard to think of anything else.

The problem was, you didn't know for real. You had no idea how the spell worked that one time. 

Regardless, you took the apple into your hands. Closing your eyes, you tried to remember what Ydris told you to do that day.

Imagine how would the pumpkin illustrate itself, how would it act if it was alive.

You focused on your imagination. In your thoughts, asking the apple to sit still would be like trying to tell a fire not to burn. Its eyes would be alight, it would always need to move, to dance, to jump. It would chatter and observe, giggle and joke. Everything would tickle it as funny and if there would be one idea that took its interest, there are seven more queuing up in its mind.

You could feel the magic, but it was weak. As if it was hopelessly attempting to get above the surface. Trying to push it further,  you hoped for the best. What's going to happen if it doesn't work? How will you explain the situation?

When you slowly opened your eyes again, your fear became reality. The apple was laying in your palms, not moving. Nothing happened.

You immediately turned to look at Rhiannon and Avalon's expressions. 

"Well then," Avalon puts up a hand, "I'm assuming this is as far as we can get," He paused, and there was no censure in his voice, "But from what I've heard from you, the ringmaster showed you these spells, no?"